Loan to feeder but train at parent

I read on the Hearts website that young Ryan McGowan is on loan at Ayr but still trains 3 days a week with the Hearts squad (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100209/jeff-impressed-by-mcgowan_2241384_1960150?). Whenever I send players on loan I worry about the poorer standard of training facilities and coaches but hope that having regular games at the loanee club will make up for this. But would it be possible for FM to include this option to train with the parent/loaning club for some of the time?

This can only be an option when on loan to a club in close geographical proximimty.

Maybe a way around this would be the ability to send a coach to assess and assist training one week a month?

Good point. But the game does know the distances between clubs, so it ought to be possible to only allow it when they are less then 50km apart for example, or when there is a formalised parent/feeder relationship where it's described as being a local feeder team.

Good point. But the game does know the distances between clubs, so it ought to be possible to only allow it when they are less then 50km apart for example, or when there is a formalised parent/feeder relationship where it's described as being a local feeder team.

i think the game does know because when you play a european game far away it tells you the distances that the fans have travelled in the news feed. Plus when you look for feeder clubs, on the recommendations page it says about a certain team is ideal to loan players due to the close proximity of the clubs so maybe the training at parent club actually goes on in FM10.

This can only be an option when on loan to a club in close geographical proximimty.

Maybe a way around this would be the ability to send a coach to assess and assist training one week a month?

Yes, I agree. That would be great addition IMO.

Slightly off topic, but, I reckon any right minded player in real life would probably prefer to train at Ayr than at SPL side Hearts, who (by former players' public admission) conduct their training in a rather shambolic manner. Reputably, it's a fairly common practice for the Hearts first team to just roll up and have a kick about. Last season, there was the ridiculous incident where the players spent an entire training session giving each other piggy back races. And anyone who follows Scottish football will no doubt be nodding their heads in recognition of this.

Slightly off topic, but, I reckon any right minded player in real life would probably prefer to train at Ayr than at SPL side Hearts, who (by former players' public admission) conduct their training in a rather shambolic manner. Reputably, it's a fairly common practice for the Hearts first team to just roll up and have a kick about. Last season, there was the ridiculous incident where the players spent an entire training session giving each other piggy back races. And anyone who follows Scottish football will no doubt be nodding their heads in recognition of this.

Yep, but the OP's suggestion is quite common in the less lunatic surroundings of Tayside.

Both Dundee clubs loan youngsters out to the part-time clubs in and around Angus/Tayside, they play regularly at the weekends for the part-time club but train full-time in Dundee with their usual coaches and team-mates.

Edit - in the case of Dundee United loanees at Forfar Athletic they train in Forfar with their United team-mates as they train at and make use of Station Park for reserve games.

I think the suggestion of making this the case for the "local proximity" loans is an excellent one, as most of those deals are with clubs with garbage standards of both training/coaching and opposition.

Anyone who knows Scottish football? Hardly. Part time Ayr United or a full time club with a modern purpose built training and youth academy? Whilst what you say did happen, it was far from being last season it was over three years ago in late 2006 and occurred over a period of between a month to two months when Edouard Malofeev was in charge temporarily whilst Valdas Ivanauskas was having his mental breakdown. 'Mad Eddy' was like some old Soviet charicature, successful coach in the USSR in the 80s he seemed to think that forward rolls and star jumps were still an effective training method in the 21st century.

By and large the players seemed to love training under Csaba Laszlo for the last 18 month and I highly doubt Jim Jefferies is going to be partaking in any nonsensical training methods.

Nothing wrong with star-jumps quite frankly. My multiple Champions League winning training regime consists of nothing but hours of star-jumps with only short "Air-Guitar" competitions thrown in to break the monotony.

I am considering bringing in a Faith Healer though. I think I'm supposed to say something really offensive about disabled people first, or does that come later?

Actually, I might try the revolutionary "jogging a bit then jumping up to head an imaginary ball, repeat over and over" technique I saw used on "Escape to Victory"

If you have any trouble with injuries we know a lovely Russian woman named Rima with some magical golden rods that can cure even the most serious ligament damage. We've also got a machine hidden somewhere in the depths of Tynecastle, just get your players to stick their finger in and it'll tell you if they're fit. Better wear your gas mask on the way in though, Vlad flu is endemic round there.

These features need implemented PRONTO...

While you're here - now JJ is back at Tynie, have they started handing out Prozac in the dressing room yet?

Only time I've felt more sorry for a group of players is when the Tannadice lot thought they'd finally seen the back of Jim MacLean, only for the speculation to start the new gaffer was going to be........ Tommy MacLean. Kleenex, rope, rubber pipe, and razor blade sales rocketed in Dundee, speculation on the Funeral Directing trade exploded.

It's not always younger players either, my team Greenock Morton sent Iain Russell on loan to Alloa earlier this season and he's an established mid-20ish first team player who just needed games, and was still training with Morton a few times a week. Alloa are part-time obviously so this was to keep his fitness levels up...which of course benefits the club he's been loaned to.

I remember when we (Norwich) played Paulton Rovers in the 1st round of the cup this season, they had a lad on loan from Bristol Rovers who they said was still training with Rovers, then turning up at Paulton on match days.

Aye, go for it Jamboross. Glad to see that you too are keen to poke fun at the mighty Hearts. That said, I would have to take slight umbridge at the "modern" and "purpose built" aspect of the training complex - I take it you're referring to the training pitches that are shared with the students at Heriot Watt uni?

Archived