Premiership Players Registration

How do I manage to get round this rule as I have a large squad which I inteded to rotate heavily & the bulk of these players are over 21?

Any ideas will be greatly apreciated as the way I view it at the moment is I have dead wages sitting there unable to do anything?

Cheers,

Mr C.

No way around the rule as far as i know. You will just have to learn to use those players which you don't intend on using or just leave them in the reserves. Either way

whs.

Premiership brought rule in to make clubs start putting more younger players in squads. Hence under 21 year olds not having to be registered.

Its just annoying as I'm Middlesbrough just got promoted & wanted to build a squad capable of rotation and big enough to compete if I got injuries.

Also as i didnt realise this rule change was coming into effect I would been more shrewd in transfer & picking up bosman players.

• 1 month later...
Why do we have to give the 25 registered players squad numbers 1-25?

Surely irl from next season it will be a Champions League style registration system. 'In' as opposed to a squad number

Good point! I assume you are right (and hope so), I would like to give a player a squadnumber all up to 99 if he prefers that number and/or desire to do that.

In game, however, the same applies to Spanish squad numbers: only numbers from 1 to 25 can be given :(

So where in the editor function does it allow me to disable this rule & can it the rule be disabled on games allready in progress?

There isn't, neither for your running game, nor for any new ones you might start.

The only way for the latter would be to recreate the English leagues completely via the editor and while not adding that rule.

so the key is to have a good batch of under 21's & only use the minimun 15 number allocations rather than 25?

Why just use 15 slots?

You can have 25 players who are older than 21 on July 1st (thus those turning 22 in the course of the season don't count towards the rule as well :)). Out of those, 8 have to be home-grown in England.

I just won promotion to the EPL with WBA and was worried about that rule, but then I noticed my team had only 17 22+ players of which 7 were home-grown. Bought another 8 experienced players and was never in danger of running out of players :)

Having any more is usually just a waste of money anyway.

Why do we have to give the 25 registered players squad numbers 1-25?

Surely irl from next season it will be a Champions League style registration system. 'In' as opposed to a squad number

I didn't think you had to give them 1-25? I thought you could allocate any 25 numbers, but only a maximum of 25 numbers?

Meaning if you give a player say No. 42 you could decide not to have a No.8?

I've never paid much attention to it as I have a tendency to build a pretty young squad of around 23/24 players anyway.

Archived