10.2 Big Teams Non-Sacking Issue

Hi

This is not a bug, is only a issue that i think is a little bit strange and don't happen in real life.

I'm in 2027/2028 18 seasons and there is some managers, that despise their poor performance, they are still in charge in big teams, and only go away from the club when get Retired

Examples:

Real Madrid - Pellegrini (2009-2018 Retired), won 4 titles, Michel (2018-2026 Retired) First title won was in 2022, Won 4 tiles, Circo Ferrara (2026-2027)

Juventus - Ciro Ferrara (2009-2026 Hired to Real Madrid) won 5 titles

Barcelona - Guardiola (2009-2027) Last title won was in 2014... Best place is second in 2018, won 4 titles

Atl. Madrid - Quique Flores (2009-2027) 4 titles

Chelsea - Carlos Ancelotti (2009-2026 Retired) Last title won was in 2011, Best place was second in 2012, 2013 and 2022, won 2 titles

Manchester City - Mark Hughes (2009-2027) Last title won was in 2016, won 4 titles

Milan - Marco Van Basten (2010-2027) won 4 titles

Inter - José Mourinho (2009-2027 Retired) Won 3 titles

In a next saved game i know that:

To manage Chelsea and Inter i have to wait until 2026 so the actual managers retire, even if they never won titles, and to manage Real Madrid i have to wait until 2018. To manage Barcelona, Man City, Juventus or Milan I have to wait for the actual manager to retire or get hired by another club, and that could take more then 18 seasons...

My point is that almost no Manager from big teams is sacked, the place is only available when the manager retires, and I think this is not even close to reality...

The current state of my game is like a manager merry-go-round. Benitez sacked by L'pool. 2 managers later Benitez is back. Utd ave gone through 2 gaffers since Fergies retirement. Not sure what's going on on the continent but Juve sacked their manager. Although both managers are still at Barca and Real. Hoping for one of them to leave soon...

Also edgar what skin/graphics are you using?

Its Cleiria's(sp) 2007 skin. Logo's and backgrounds are from the Susie graphics section, the logos are the EPL ones and same for backgrounds iirc.

I'm just old skool and love the 2007 interface!

will just do the 1s i know from memory on my game. im in december 2013

Arsenal... wenger in charge, won a lot of trophies

Chelsea.. Ancelotti left after 2010 world cup to manage italy. no change of manager since.

Liverpool.. Benitez still in charge despite no longer being in top 4

Man City.. On 5th manager since start of game

Man Utd.. Ferguson retired last season. mid table under new manager

Barcelona... Guardiola still there. won a lot of trophies

Real Madrid... Pellegrini still there despite being 2nd every season, unrealistic surely?

AC Milan.. Leonardo still there. 2nd last season behind genoa

Inter Milan.. Mourinho still in charge. finished 6th last season. chairman figo seems a patient bloke judging by these forums?

so some of them seem right to me, however some of these managers would of got the bullet ages ago

I think the OP has a point.

Big teams only sack their managers if they're doing a very horrible job. (In game)

It seems they'll survive if they make top four. They only seem to get sack when they're 7th or 8th.

Only big team that'll accept anything like that is Liverpool. Everyone will sack their manager if they couldn't manage a serious title challenge. Especially two years running. By serious I mean right up til the last 2-3 matches.

Wonderful...

it's your tactic/it's your game is the standard answer...

Regardless of our specific games, I think it's pretty obvious there isn't enough managerial turnover.

Unless they get sacked for (severe) underachieving, the contracts get renewed time after time, with little (zero?) chances of a club deciding they feel it's time to move on.

Managers serving at the same club forever, like Guy Roux or Alex Ferugson are the exception, not the rule.

Even the most winning managers do part way with their club in the end, and it doesn't need to be a dishonourable discharge all the time.

Really, what's the point in having contracts if it's just a matter of keeping on signing the umpteenth new one?

Just to disprove your point, this is less than halfway into the 3rd season:

fergieo.th.jpg

I think that doesn't disprove my point, i didn't even gave Man Utd has example, in my game Leonardo was sacked in the first season, i think only one manager doesn't prove or disprove anything

i see a lot of big teams sack managers. i think it might just be your game :)

Or they retired or got hired for another club and you think they got sacked? ;)

Archived