My players are whining

My players are complaining of "lack of managerial discipline" as well as "You don't credit your players enough"

What do I do?

Also my players are suffering from over-confidence. What exactly can I do to combat that.

These are two different examples of the same problem, actually. You need to be a bit stricter with these guys. Warn or fine them if they are late for practice, get sent off etc.

My players are complaining of "lack of managerial discipline" as well as "You don't credit your players enough"

What do I do?

Also my players are suffering from over-confidence. What exactly can I do to combat that.

Lack of discipline: discipline your players when they get sent off. Just issue a warning when they see red and that should be enough most of the time (I've never had a problem).

Not enough credit: give positive team talks after a win. Have you been letting your assistant handle any (friendly) matches?

I think these will go away over time, but for now you're stuck with it. Tough luck there.

Overconfidence: ask more of your players, maybe. Expect a win instead of 'For the fans'. I've not had this on FM10 yet, so don't know what I would do.

Lack of disciple: That's do to the crappy game engine than. The opposite player trips my player and then my player get's a red card! I appealed the decision and it got denied and I decided not to 'discipline' my players afterwords. This happens a couple of times. =\ Meh. I'll try next time to discipline them more harshly.

not enough credit: I always say 'Well Done' after every match. Haven't lost yet in the season. Might this be something to do with half time talks than? Even if I am winning at half time, I usually say "dissapointing" or "not good enough" as I read that it makes your players try harder in the second half. Might this be the problem?

Overconfidence: Will do then. I'm winning the league by alot, haven't loss yet and I am almost in december. Will raise the expectations than.

I've seen this a lot and the solution is either to start micromanaging your players which is pretty tedious, or alternatively just take a consistently hard stance with them.

If you take a very stern and very consistent approach then you can eliminate whining although you will have to get rid of problem players, which is not a bad thing.

Be angry at them every so often. It keeps them in check, makes them respect you, etc.

I get angry every time they lose and congratulate them if they win, simple. I fine them every time they get sent off and if they criticise me then they are out the door. I run a tight ship and they know what to expect. If they don't like it then I don't want them at the club.

I end up with a squad of hard working, loyal and determined players so it works for me.

Lack of disciple: That's do to the crappy game engine than. The opposite player trips my player and then my player get's a red card! I appealed the decision and it got denied and I decided not to 'discipline' my players afterwords. This happens a couple of times. =\ Meh. I'll try next time to discipline them more harshly.

I do agree it's a tough one when you think the sending off was undeserved. I usually discipline them anyway, just to be on the safe side. :D

I once had a player commit an outrageous professional foul. (Clean through, brought down an inch outside the box, very late in the game.)

Fine him? I should give him a bonus!

Unfortunately, the rest of my squad didn't see it that way. Since then I always warn a player for a first red card, then fine them for subsequent ones.

I also didn't give a half time team talk when we were 5-0 up. Post match feedback had half my team as "angry and confused." So, don't do that.

Have you been letting your assistant handle any (friendly) matches?

This is a good point. If you arrange friendlies against much weaker opposition and let the assman take control he'll generally not give a team talk after your side hand out a thrashing which then confuses the players who think they've done really well, but not been praised. Either take control of friendlies yourself (tedious) or organise friendlies against clubs in the 'Similar Level' bracket and just choose the weakest available so you're still likely to get a confidence boosting win.

My left back just got sent off for Elbowing a player in a 5-1 win away from home. So i thought im not angry because we won 5-1 away. So i just said disapointing to the player sent off, as in real life a manager would be disapointed with that.

Then after the match i get a question, 'do you agree that Adam Eckersly as been treated unfairly recently'

and what are the chances of more players feeling the same'

I click on his profile and it says 'unhappy at the way you talk to players on matchdays'

WTF we are 2nd in the league scoring goals for fun and morale is superb,and this is my first sending off and all i say to just him afterwards is 'disapointing'.

Come on lad you elbowed some one in the face & got a straight red, and i didn't even fine you i just gave you a warning!

55777213.jpg

75563508.jpg

EDIT

Noooo, its all going wrong now. lol

16722201.png

Oh well injurys are all part and parcel of Football. Come on Levi Porter, do me proud. :D

Archived