The Welsh Premier League

Have to say I really enjoy managing in the WPL. It is a real challenge to try and unearth those gems once in a blue moon and then to fend off teams like macclesfield :D especially in a league where the players are little better than the sunday league and games come down to an own goal or clattering your way through the other team.

Just in a game with Elements Cefn Druids a month in and doing okay (8th)

My long career game started in Wales...Aber were the only team willing to hire an unemployed Canadian Sunday Leaguer!

Wales is a good place to start a career cause the expectations aren't high, it's not _too_ hard to find suitable players, and it's a good place to get a taste of European experience, since both the League and the Cup are fairly open to any team now.

Me and my mate usually start in Wales in our multiplayer game, as we had never managed there before we picked 2 teams at random, luckily we picked TNS and Llanelli, we now always pick those teams when we start and love the challenge of trying to get was is pretty much sunday league teams into the Champions League group stage, my mate actually did in once, lucky sod.

I just left Prestatyn after 2 seasons during which I won all 6 available domestic trohies....it's not very hard :(

Then I moved to a Norwegian first division team (Follo) instead of Preston. Bad BAD move.

I started managing Cape Verde, I was English with my second nationality being Jamaican and I was only a Semi-Pro.But I still got a job at Aberyswyth and so far we're doing terribly as a team because we fail to score so the other team usually wins something like 1-0.I signed welsh legend Paul Jones and he's only le in 20 goals in 20 games!!!

At the welsh trials day i wanted to sign Ramon Calliste but he rejected us.

I am managing Aberystwyth in my game - I play online with three others who manage Porthmadog, Welshpool and Haverfordwest. We're in the third season and the usual teams who do well (Rhyl, TNS, Llanelli and Bangor City (in the cups)) are now those who finish around mid table/fighting against relegation!

Anyone who fancies a game, contact me by email, you can find it in my profile. We do use Teamspeak to play so you would need a headset.

Archived