Anyone else just bored of FM10 and resigned while doing well??

Ive actually been fairly happy with FM10 up until about 30mins ago.

I will say as always there were a few things i wasnt happy with when the game came out and i still feel SI rush to much to get it out on time. Maybe next year they shouldnt change so much. However it was playable from day one.

Anyway as usual i started to manage Spurs and found myself doing better than usual with my own tactic which suprised me. I finished the 1st season and finished 2nd and won the Carling Cup and lost in the Final of the FA Cup. So i was super excited to finally make the Champions League.

2nd season and i was flying high in 1st place after 13 games, losing 1 game only Man City AGAIN just behind me. Everton were in 3rd and 10 points behind and it was great to see Arsenal struggling in 5th and Man Utd 9th. But in the last 3 or 4 matches i just got really bored of the game and decided to quit as manager.

Now im sitting here deciding whether to take up a new challenge which ive never done before in the game (ive always only managed Spurs) or get my head into a good book and put FM10 to one side and forget about it.

Anyone else done the same or just become bored of playing FM10?

dont be another top team (spuds still say there a top team:)) so try a lower league team or try a challenge by working abroad for a low rep team and try and get yourself your dream job at the Spuds.

My next challenge will be exactly that but i will be aiming for the goonies job :)

Either start in the lower leagues and turn your everyday lower league team to Premiership champions, start abroad, install Super Blademan's Level 10 build and start in the 10th tier with no money, or just do a "career" mode - start unemployed, wait until you get an offer, then work your way up with different teams.

Or manage outside of England altogether. Do a Roy Hogdson and manage in Scandinavia, and see if you can get a job back in England eventually.

Thats one option im actually thinking about if i do decide to carry on playing.

I know ive only ever managed 1 team but i actually thought for the 1st time of making the Champions League it would give me more incentive to push on and do as well as i could but it didnt.

thats life !!!! down the years, playing all the FM games i did that many a time....i find taking a poor national team to the euro's or world cup gives ya a buzz!!! getting iceland to the QF of the 2018 world cup sticks out in my mind .....also wen your in charge of nations the games flies by so buy the time you do 2,3 seasons a lots has changed at club level so its like starting of new----ish !!!

Guest El Payaso

Aye. Ended my career in Everton. We dominated English competitions and Europe. Just no challenge anymore 'cause no team could really defend and I had fairly good attacking players. Still with Pato and Milevskiy up front you shouldn't be beating Liverpool 5-0. Fans did love it, I didn't.

Can't start a new game (actually not even interested because this FM sucks), so I went back to FM09 and started playing with Finnish national team. Much more fan when tactics really mean something instead of just team-talks.

dang, you must be a good manager because im struggling hard with Arsenal, I cant even make it to the champions league! im 6th right now and 10 points away from 4th which is Liverpool. are you playing with patch 10.2? i was doing good before that and now with the new patch its much harder to win away games

dang, you must be a good manager because im struggling hard with Arsenal, I cant even make it to the champions league! im 6th right now and 10 points away from 4th which is Liverpool. are you playing with patch 10.2? i was doing good before that and now with the new patch its much harder to win away games

I updated to the new patch and i was scoring even more.

However im not one for sharing a tactic because i even feel Spurs are easy to achieve success with in this years game, and i think people who claim their tactics are amazing and when you look to see they are managing a Top team is abit pointless.

All my previous tactics in older games sucked.This year i just started being less harsh on the players when they perform bad as they just get too stroppy (another reason im bored of the game),looked at the players i had in my team and played how they would play in real life (not how i want them to play,if you get what i mean) and concentrated alot on team talks which i feel is too influencing on how the team perform.

I know ive only ever managed 1 team but i actually thought for the 1st time of making the Champions League it would give me more incentive to push on and do as well as i could but it didnt.

I notice that my interest in a save game usually starts to wane at that point too. What I usually enjoy the most is getting a small club from the lowest division to the highest, and establish them there. As soon as they've qualified for Europe, I tend to lose interest, and taking that last step towards a league title or CL glory is something that I just don't care enough about.

Find your local amateur side (Isthmian, Northern League or whatever - very low tier) and open the FM Editor - chances are your team is already in there :) Set it up properly, with your own kit, your own board and directors, and then look for an existing team in the bottom division that FM plays (Blue Square South/North) then simply replace them with your team. Set finances etc to almost zero, minimum squad and facilities, crowd attendance at a few hundred...

Work up from there...

Find your local amateur side (Isthmian, Northern League or whatever - very low tier) and open the FM Editor - chances are your team is already in there :) Set it up properly, with your own kit, your own board and directors, and then look for an existing team in the bottom division that FM plays (Blue Square South/North) then simply replace them with your team. Set finances etc to almost zero, minimum squad and facilities, crowd attendance at a few hundred...

Work up from there...

Or just get Superbladesman's file that takes the english leagues down to Level 10

Guest El Payaso
Well the game just has gotten easier every year and this is just too easy...

I started with first patch and played with it for 3 seasons. First season was 4th in Premiership, semi-finals in Europa league. Second, third, fourth and fifth season won the premiership, third, fourth and fifth season won UCL and also have won FA-Cup for 3 times so far.

My starting lineup was:

Howard - Baines - Hutton - Badstuber - Jagielka (<- he sucks for some reason...)Young - Wilshere - Hamsik - Rodwell - Pato - Milewskyi

Would have liked to keep players like Arteta, Cahill and Yobo but even though they seemed to have motivation to continue play in the top level, they just couldn't keep their stats up even though training hard. You'll never get new Maldinis and Costacurtas with this FM... :(

Well the game just has gotten easier every year and this is just too easy...

I started with first patch and played with it for 3 seasons. First season was 4th in Premiership, semi-finals in Europa league. Second, third, fourth and fifth season won the premiership, third, fourth and fifth season won UCL and also have won FA-Cup for 3 times so far.

My starting lineup was:

Howard - Baines - Hutton - Badstuber - Jagielka (<- he sucks for some reason...)Young - Wilshere - Hamsik - Rodwell - Pato - Milewskyi

Would have liked to keep players like Arteta, Cahill and Yobo but even though they seemed to have motivation to continue play in the top level, they just couldn't keep their stats up even though training hard. You'll never get new Maldinis and Costacurtas with this FM... :(

Real Madrid signed Jagielka in my game in the 1st season.

so this superbladesman file how does it work??

can you go back to how the game was before if you get bored of that too?

I found this last year (09) with NUFC dont laugh there good really, I ended up back to back champions and only UCL eluded me and got bored, so this year i edited my local club Taunton Town to the Blue square South and its tough just to get a team ready for the season. 4 games in i've won 2, drew 2 but i'm just waiting for the bottom to fall out. starting at the botton is more realistic and rewarding even if you have to watch the comp manage purs/ NUFC

Archived