Player At Club - But Not Granted a Permit?

Basically I have signed a Brazilian fella called Bernardo, despite him not being granted a permit. He cost me the rest of my budget (I'm Leeds in League 1, he cost £4m and another £7m over 48 months), and I presumed I'd be able to sign him, loan him out and wait til he gets a permit.

But I've not been able to loan him out (maybe because I've only got the English leagues running? I don't know, but annoying and surprising that no Brazilian, Ukrainian, etc sides want him for 0% wages paid), and I'm wondering when he will be of any use to me?

Is there any way to see when he might get a permit? Thanks.

if you cant loan him out to a belgian (or similar) club then sell sell sell as soon as possible.

unless you think he will get international caps before you need to renew his contract but he will get very unhappy not playing games.

your main problem may be that he doesnt want to go to a rubbish belgian club which is a predicament you could find yourself in, or happy to go for 1 year but not the 2 or 3 required.

this feature needs more 'arranging' during the actual transfer - i.e. man utd didnt buy Diouf and then loan him back, the loan was a prerequesite of the deal.

How many international cap does a player nid to get in order to get a work permit? i got this very gd Singaporean regen and he got 6 cap to his name (:

I'm not sure on the international requirements but if he's very good then it may be successful upon appeal.

International caps requirement are played in 75% of senior national games over the previous 48 months for country whose average FIFA ranking has been in the top 70 over that period.

The requirement is that the player has to have played in 75% of his nations full internationals (under 21 dont count) over the previous 2 seasons not 48 months. Maybe the player Bernardo cant be loaned out because the transfer window is closed.

Archived