Dissapointed with Match System - Otherwise great game :D

First of all, I love the game, and to think I nearly went with FIFA manager just by going with the demo. :lol:

My only gripe is the Match system.

It is to ugly for me to look at. I know getting a match system like in FIFA Manager would take to much time and effort from the developers, but I would like some type of mode like the chat themed matchmode in FIFA Manager, (Where there is a live feed telling you all the events as they unfold)

Also, why no commentary?

To make this thread worth it, Suggest what can be done to improve the match mode of FM. :)

Too much time? no offence to SI but FM doesn't go through mass changes every year the changes are minimal so they got enough time to do more, but why throw all your eggs into the basket at once then you got none to stick in the basket next year, SI don't want to give us the ultimate FM at once, they want to give us it in bits and bobs, they want us to keep waiting.

Personaly I think it's a joke, after a year tweaking a game they still need to patch it so soon after it's release, and that beside the 3D system nothing groundbreaking has really happened to FM, if you ain't going to give us some big features, atleast make sure the features you do have actualy work without 3 patches before you abandon us to spend a year tweaking FM11 to be 80% identical to FM10 if not more.

They got the time, they just don't want to give us much, maybe one day they will give us a FM that works as intended without waiting months for 3 patches.

I personally think the 3D is a joke! seriously the 3D is like little ants with turbo on them..u dont see mych detail apart from tacckling and few others. I use the 2D cos it makes the game smother and of course you know when your tactics are wrong. SI havent introduced a new feature that is mind blowing. Touchline shouts is same as making quick tactical change. you have to pause the game to use shoutouts or you miss putting the shout out unless you wathcing full match. we deserve to see some improvements in 3D cos its really to me the downside of fm. how can a game with great level of detail have a bad level of 3D match engine??

The problem with introducing massive amounts of detail into the match engine/making the graphics better is that you end up cutting people out of the market. The introduction of the 3D engine, meant a lot of people (myself included) were unable to play FM09 and could only do so after either purchasing a new graphics card, or (as in my case) splashing out on a new machine. The idea of FM has always been to make it available to the widest audience possible, so the fancier you make the 3D engine, the more people you're excluding from your potential market.

There are commentary packs (text) available in the editors forum, not sure if there are any sound-packs available, havent looked at those.

Too much time? no offence to SI but FM doesn't go through mass changes every year the changes are minimal so they got enough time to do more, but why throw all your eggs into the basket at once then you got none to stick in the basket next year, SI don't want to give us the ultimate FM at once, they want to give us it in bits and bobs, they want us to keep waiting.

Personaly I think it's a joke, after a year tweaking a game they still need to patch it so soon after it's release, and that beside the 3D system nothing groundbreaking has really happened to FM, if you ain't going to give us some big features, atleast make sure the features you do have actualy work without 3 patches before you abandon us to spend a year tweaking FM11 to be 80% identical to FM10 if not more.

They got the time, they just don't want to give us much, maybe one day they will give us a FM that works as intended without waiting months for 3 patches.

First off I do agree with your point of view. I do however also understand this from a company pov. 1 year is not alot to create a game, much less one with revolutionary steps. They supply us with, as you say, minor improvements, and as it seems, there are demands for it. No one forces you to buy each version. But for newcomers of the game, they enter it when its constantly fresh, rather than a 2-5 year old game. Since it both makes business sense, and keeps buyers and hopefully happy ones, it's the lay of the land.

I personally think the 3D is a joke! seriously the 3D is like little ants with turbo on them..u dont see mych detail apart from tacckling and few others. I use the 2D cos it makes the game smother and of course you know when your tactics are wrong. SI havent introduced a new feature that is mind blowing. Touchline shouts is same as making quick tactical change. you have to pause the game to use shoutouts or you miss putting the shout out unless you wathcing full match. we deserve to see some improvements in 3D cos its really to me the downside of fm. how can a game with great level of detail have a bad level of 3D match engine??

I love the 3D graphics. It really makes the game come alive. My only minor gripe is that the pitch graphic cant seem to be changed; Im stuck with the horrible concentric circle pitch for Leigh Sports Village. :mad: But overall 3D makes the game far more enjoyable.

Archived