Simulating Games (Holiday Games)

I notice a lot of people on the forums play the game without actually managing the games. I was wondering how do you keep your players happy when just doing a "holiday" game? My players typically respond with "your players don't think you take them serious." Do you just holiday the game then go through all e-mails? I'd appreciate the help . . . .

Originally posted by reo hustler:

I notice a lot of people on the forums play the game without actually managing the games. I was wondering how do you keep your players happy when just doing a "holiday" game? My players typically respond with "your players don't think you take them serious." Do you just holiday the game then go through all e-mails? I'd appreciate the help . . . .

Well, to tell you the truth, I go through most of my games in holiday mode as I don't have the time to go through each match in detail as I also have a full time job to think about!

Originally posted by Blanchflower1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reo hustler:

Well, to tell you the truth, I go through most of my games in holiday mode as I don't have the time to go through each match in detail as I also have a full time job to think about! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, okay. That's not what I'm curious about. Did you read the post?

I find morale stays very good. I set the lineup, set up a team-talk (usually 'for the fans'), quickly press pause as the game starts, then go on vacation. Then I bang on the 'return from vacation' button to return as soon as possible after the game.

The only problem I get occasionally is when my moronic assistant tells the players after a big win, "why can't you play like this every match" Then almost all my players have 'slt' next to their names for a game or more.

But morale is almost always very good to superb - it just works out well for whatever reason.

Ive found the trick is to holidaying games is to get a really good assistant manager with the best Man managment skill - ive found he does the best team talks, and on many occasions noticed emails saying he was a tactical genius for turning games around with an inspiration 1/2 time talk.

When ever this happenes it reminds me of Jose Marinhos famouse 1/2 chelsea talk where he said "i said to them at 1/2 time, next time we meet, we must be champions'

lol!

I have done this in the past. Just make sure you have a decent AM.

I started doing this a few years ago when I was easily annoyed by the game, holidaying avoided as much anger. I've mellowed out now though and watch almost all my games :D

I didn't. I resigned the manager and let the game run for forty seasons before adding a new manager and retiring the original one.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It ranks alongside the original Zealot Clan game and my Billericay 01/02, 06 and 07 saves in terms of enjoyment.

Archived