Underrated/Overrated

why doesn't FM make messi actually half decent, i mean come on david silva has better stats. Also make jermaine beckford the quality player he is, hes prem quality and all he has is two stats; finishing which is and underrated 14 and pace which is 16 which is underrated seeing as hes around the same pace as evra, it makes me so mad when im leeds i get promoted and i have to sell him because hes not very good in the championship when he in fact should be a good signing for any club outside the top four. I've even seen some liverpool fans saying sell voronin and kuyt and buy beckford for 6million. Also Craig bellamy is underrated, hes a world class player and i think his pace is a bit more than 14!!!! Didnt you see him out pace rio when he had the ball at his feet???? who ever is the guy who scouts for your england data base should be sacked because i can do a better job. Rant over

Post any other players who you think are underrated or overrated that you think needs attending too.

Um, you just had a thread closed on this subject. Why open another?

Anyway, Messi performs well due to his superior mental stats and his techincal skills go up over time. Compared to Silva, I think Silva is OVERrated rather than the other way round.

As for BECKFORD? His attributes are spot on. Having seen him play live several times I can tell you his determination and attitude are rock-bottom and unless he changes this part of his game he'll struggle to get 10 goals in the Championship let alone the Prem.

Bellamy can play in any team in the world if he had the right attidtude, he ran riot on the united defence. Yes silva is waaaayyy overrated and always is a flop for me, beckford could/would finish top scorer in the champonship he is immense, why are wolves trying to buy him for a 1st choice striker for 6mill if he wont even get 10 in the championship??? Beckford is like berba, lazy but produces moments of magic.

And i reopended it because i made it an overrated/undderated player list not a patch idea :)

Bellamy could not play in any team in the world. Even with the right attitude, he'd still be no more then a good player, certainly no where near a great player. His ability pales in comparison to the likes of Torres, Villa, Eto'o and Drogba.

And Wolves can't buy a win at the moment and are desperate for even just a semi-competent striker. If Beckford was really as good as he get's hyped up to be, he would have been picked up by now.

Beckford, completely untested outside of anywhere besides league 1. He is far from worth 6m, but Leeds put daft prices on players for a club of their size these days. DJ Campbell mark two in my opinion... Wolves will be taking a huge risk on him, and why? They're struggling to get points and need to do something to try and save themselves. He certainly isn't worth double what Stoke paid for James Beattie last January, and he was proven at Premiership level.

Messi isn't underrated either in my opinion, his stats look very impressive and you should easily be able to get amazing performances out of him. Players able to use both feet suffer a bit on the face of it in terms of stats, but players like Tuncay Sanli look to have quite poor stats but still play extremely well on FM because of being able to use both feet freely.

Only player that is underrated for me is Stoke's Ryan Shawcross. He's about 12/13 points of PA behind David Wheater and I feel he should at least be on par with him not sure if Wheater is a random PA or not, but Shawcross is a fixed 150 ish I personally think as it stands at the moment, he has the potential to be as good any current England centreback.

If Jermaine Beckford was a Premiership quality player wouldn't he be playing in the Premiership? The fact that even a Championship side hasn't gambled on him (and see the fees paid for Simon Cox, Jamie Ward etc for evidence they will gamble on unproven strikers) suggests that maybe the pros aren't quite sold yet. Yes Leeds are pricing him high, yes it may turn out that he will make the grade, but you can't have a go at SI for rating him as a very good player for League 1 when that is exactly what he is at present!

Bellamy is NOT world class and I doubt he can do the business for any team in the world. You remember a certain Jermaine Pennant? He's not going to last a season at Zaragoza and yet in England he is considered decent and a few years back was to some World Class. Silva is a very good player, has won a European Championships and has played consistantly well each and every season in Spain, I agree he needs to prove this elsewhere BUT he's far better than many give him credit for. Better than Messi? Maybe not but Messi only won his Golden Ball due to a fantastic Barcelona team helping him out and the fact that he's south american and they love south americans. Look at him for Argentina, hasn't exactly set the world alight.

Have you seen Maradonnas tactics?? They dont use him as barca would. Argentina in order to win the world cup is to make the team around messi, remember a certain ryan giggs? How many times has he played at half the quality that he does at united for wales?

Have you seen Maradonnas tactics?? They dont use him as barca would. Argentina in order to win the world cup is to make the team around messi, remember a certain ryan giggs? How many times has he played at half the quality that he does at united for wales?

Have you seen the Barcelona midfield? Most have decent players would thrive with that kind of support around them. We're talking about some of the best players in the world. Argentina don't have that hence Messi does almost nothing. Ryan Giggs was not half the player for Wales because he usually missed most games, always a niggling injury just to turn up for Man Utd the following weekend. Going by that theory many could say David Healy is world class.

Have you seen how Maradona has Argentina playing? HE expects Messi to do everything himself, once they change the manager you'll see him become his best again in the argentina side. Fair enough, him having a good side around him helps him alot to do his magic, but it is in no far saying that 'its' just the team and not his ability. If this was true, he wouldnt be worth 250million now would he? I don't see Iniesta or Xavi being worth that much.

Ohhh so its the players who make messi amazing, ahhh right thats why henry is the best player in the world, ahhh thats right, same as madrid then when owen and beckham were the best players ever because they had zidane and guti to play with, ahhh right i totaly agree with you. ;)

Archived