Should we be able to interact with the fans spokesman?

As the title says I thing that we should be able to respond to fans comments offering them reasons over why the star striker was sold, or justifying you decision to field certain players.

What do you guys think, would this just be a cosmetic feature or would it add value to the game?

Hmm... I definitely see where you're coming from, and it does happen irl - Kevin Keegan with Andy Cole etc.

I think it would be a nice touch and helpful sometimes, but if i had to choose between that or the logic behind the fans evaluation of transfers be fixed to be more realistic then i'd pick the latter.

Ideal world then both :)

I would prefer a way of explaining "poor" results and player sales for sure as these can linger as negatives in your confidence for ages.

eg. Sold Kieron Gibbs in August and I'm still being told the fans are disspointed by it in February's monthly confidence update!! I've got Clichy for pete's sake, we got £8m plus 50% sell on for him and if I need cover then Vermaelen showed over the Christmas period that he's decent at left back after Clichy was injured. Get over it, we're top of the league, still in the Champions League and FA Cup and you're moaning about selling a second string player at best 8 months ago.

I might be off, but how often does a manager really interact with a fan representative directly? Isn't it usually just done through media comments, press conferences etc?

Yes but you never get the option to explain your decisions about things like player sales or your reserves losing 5-4 to a full strength Man City side in the League cup, when there are perfectly good reasons for it.

I might be off, but how often does a manager really interact with a fan representative directly? Isn't it usually just done through media comments, press conferences etc?

I could be wrong but in the lower leagues I would not be surprised if the manager has a working relationship with the fan club. Even in the higher leagues I am sure there is a staff member who would do this role.

Archived