SI are Very smart!

I have come to the conclusion that SI have found a funny way to get around the licensing issue!

By making their editor better it allows the owner of football manager to add the little details that SI are unable to place in the game themselves and of course all the edited information can be shared upon many fans and owners of FM through fan sites. If you think about everything less say you can get with another game that has the license rights you can get through fan sites..

I love SI you guys are smooth!

Well Ter you guys are good because you make a great game plus you can get the added stuff some people hate to miss that you guys can't put in. It just adds to the cosmetics of the game. You guys just know how to work the system and allow people to add to your great game..

As long as si don't make any money out of the edited game I doubt it makes much difference anyway

It does make a difference because alot of people will buy football manager just because it is so editable. So you can always change the way you wish to play the game thats a good selling point.

Funny, I had a similar feeling about the licensing rights and the logo packs. It seems to me SI have come to rely on the community to get the logos, jerseys, faces, etc. into the game rather than paying licensing fees to include the stuff themselves (incidentally that would cost them even more, cause then they'd have to do the work to actually create the imagery). If you look at the FM over the years, it seems it has less and less licenses each time around. Annoying because it takes away from the sense of realism...

That post is rubbish. SI try and get as many licenses as possible, for example EA Sports have exclusive rights to the EPL and the chances are SI will never get them in the next few years at least.

If you just want to ramble on with your rubbish then go do it somewhere else. I just stated what I had also known for years.

I just claimed that si had a very good system currently with improving their editor that now allows people to enhance their gameplay and add in things that where missing!

That post is rubbish. SI try and get as many licenses as possible, for example EA Sports have exclusive rights to the EPL and the chances are SI will never get them in the next few years at least.

Do you know how long EA Sports hold the licenses for the English Premier League?

SI is indeed trying to get as much licenses as possible but this could be very expensive. It has always been the goal of SI to make more nations and leagues playable.

Your post is rubbish actually mate. You are just telling us what we already know about the rights, have you only just realised? :D

• SI Staff
If you look at the FM over the years, it seems it has less and less licenses each time around. Annoying because it takes away from the sense of realism...

No idea how you work that one out when in FM 2010 we have the most licences we've ever had :)

Archived