What's the most exciting/enjoyable country to manage in??

morning boys, just wondering really because when the new patch comes out i usually start a new game to fully feel whats changed.

I don't want to because i'm doing well with Burton Albion at the mo as you've probably heard icon_wink.gif its took a long time to get them in the premiership and i don't want to quit.

That's why i need your advice on what YOU think is the best country to manage in (apart from england if you can please) as when & if i start a new game, i want it to be a challenge, but one I can play for many seasons.

Thanks icon14.gif

morning boys, just wondering really because when the new patch comes out i usually start a new game to fully feel whats changed.

I don't want to because i'm doing well with Burton Albion at the mo as you've probably heard icon_wink.gif its took a long time to get them in the premiership and i don't want to quit.

That's why i need your advice on what YOU think is the best country to manage in (apart from england if you can please) as when & if i start a new game, i want it to be a challenge, but one I can play for many seasons.

Thanks icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 51 Cent:

Thanks icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try brazil, it's a very balanced league

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 51 Cent:

OK cheers, have you had expereince in this league? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played as Atletico Paranaense which is a relegation candidate in the major league

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if so, how can do you reckon you could play in it for, without it starting to get repetitive? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure I got it right...What do you mean?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Plus how many tiers are there in their league system? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are 3 tiers

oh sorry, i ment HOW long can you play it for before you find it starts getting tedious.

Cheers icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After three season I haven't won yet the Libertadores Cup and the other continental cup (Copa Sudamericana), so it's not time to become bored... icon_wink.gif If you want more challenge you could try one of the best teams in the lower league, like Coritiba.

The season is divided into reagional leagues (san paolo, parana,...) and national leagues. There's also a national cup which teams qualified for libertadores does not enter.

I really like Scandanavian countries for some reason.

I've tried Norway and I'm in a game based in Denmark at the moment and they're both pretty enjoyable. Similar format too, three tiers but with regional divisions at the lowest level (so in Norway it goes: Premier Division, First Division, Second Division Groups 1, 2, 3 & 4 and in Denmark the system is Premier Division, First Division, Second Division East & West).

Try starting in the third division in Brazil and try and get a team to the top. So many different leagues and stages make it one of the most challenging leagues in the game. A lot of those South American countries are very confusing and time consuming if you start at the bottom.

Me, Since Football manager 07 came out I always start a new game by playing one of the MLS (U.S.A) with a Newbie History, so as to not have any fame. From there I move on to one of the English Leagues, in 07 I played Gretna, and get them to the Premiership, then I move on to scotland. From there it's anyones guess. I have all the leagues enabled, so if you plan to do that you'll need a Good quality Computer. I just started with 08 so I'm playing New England (MLS).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From there I move on to one of the English Leagues, in 07 I played Gretna, and get them to the Premiership, then I move on to scotland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gretna are a scottish team, how could you get them to the premier...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cornelius11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From there I move on to one of the English Leagues, in 07 I played Gretna, and get them to the Premiership, then I move on to scotland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gretna are a scottish team, how could you get them to the premier... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scottish premier League icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cornelius11:

ahh ok. just the way you said it confused me a bit. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry bout' that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Beckham_7:

Gretna are a scottish team, how could you get them to the premier... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scottish premier League icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how do you move on to Scotland if you're already there?

Guest Liv\'pool

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There are LOADS of cup competitions in N.ireland if that's what floats your boat.

What is up with all those cup comptetions. I just started playing a little in N Ireland and it is fun!

I found Norway to be highly enjoyable on FM2007. There's quite a gap between the Second Division and the Premier Division which makes for a decent challenge, and once you get to the Premier Division all the teams are very balanced, as shown by Rosenborg's relegation on my game which saw them spend about 7 years out of the top flight, including a season in the Second Division.

My favourite country to manage in will probably always be Russia. I'm planning another Dinamo Moscow save after 8.0.2 is out. My last one got cut short by other commitments.

I also really enjoy managing in Greece. Panathinaikos now have a place in my heart.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

IMO the most enjoyable league to manage in, is which ever league you follow in real life, as you know most about it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whilst I understand your point, the reason I loved my Russian and Greek games so much was that they were both a learning experience. I knew next to nothing about either of them, other than who the big clubs were.

Archived