I want the option to hurl rotten tomatoes at my players

After a game the only option I have to show my intense anger at my players is to give an angry full time team talk and most of the players either aren't listening or are totally unmoved by that anyway.

I want to be able to criticise my entire team, to let them know in no uncertain terms that I think their performance was so appalling that they should be ashamed to wear the club's shirt, that they don't deserve to get paid for the next 7 weeks, that if they ever perform like that again they'll be stacking shelves in Tescos (or whatever the Italian equivalent is) before they know what has hit them.

I can criticise individual players, even finr them for poor performance if it is bad enough, but there's nothing I can do to just really let rip at the whole team.

My Fiorentina team appeared to be heading for a really disappointing 7th or even 8th place until a late thrilling surge of form and 9 games unbeaten saw us reel in Roma for 5th place, Roma a team we always lose to and one of the teams we have always finished behind. We'd done all the hard work, even a penultimate day 1-1 at home to Catania was ok because Roma drew and then lost their game in hand. 3 points ahead into the final day all we had to do was finish the job and draw at home to Lazio. Instead we went 0-3 down and then, just to tease me that if they could have been bothered it'd have been different, the players pull back to 2-3 for the final score and we finish 6th after all that hard work icon_mad.gif

I don't want to moan at the game, I don't want to complain that the AI cheated or that we were up against a super 'keeper or anything like that. I just want to string all my players up in sacks and hurl rotten tomatoes at them until my arms ache too much to be bothered any more. (Well actually I'd pay some local kids to do it instead, but sill...)!

yeah i would like the ability to release a media story about the match afterwards and say how disappointing the team was. or alternatively release a story which says along the lines of "Joe Bloggs praises heroic Arsenal" or "John Smith backs stars after win over Liverpool" etc

I know exactly how you feel on this one.

There are just times when telling the team you are 'disgusted' isn't any where near enough.

I want to tell players that if they play like that again 'they can put brand new shiney ferrari that they bought out of last weeks pocket money right where the sun doesn't shine'.

I want to be able to tell them they embarressed the team and fans, to pack thei kit bag and get the hell out of my face.

I want to make them train with the U18's and clean the boots of players who are fit to wear the badge. If they don't like it, tough, get the hell out of my club and good riddance to 'em. Don't darken my doors again.

I'm not bitter or anything about a total abject performance from my team that saw them bottle a promotion playoff position against an already relegated team.

I'm also not having a go at the AI, but why, oh why, oh why, did the opposition choose for this game to be the first game they score more than one away goal, let alone four!

I've got my fingers in my ears, it may well be my tactics but I want to rant and rave at my excuse for a team.

Thankyou glamdring, I've wanted to start this particular thread about 50 times, I just told myself I was over-reacting. If I am, glad I'm not the only one.

I'd like the vast spectrum of communicating with players to be a lot more direct. The game just doesn't provide adequate means to do this. I'm sick of doing everything through the media.

Yeah, that's the other thing! Every time a player is unhappy he spouts off in the media rather than finding his way to my office to speak to me in private. I know footballers are not all the sharpest knives in the drawer, but I'm sure they can find it in them to navigate their way to my office icon_mad.gif

Anyhow, being able to rant at my whole team in the media would be more interesting than responding to the media for the 6th time in 2 seasons what I think about the impending return to Bremen of Peter Niemeyer with his new team, will there be any hard feelings?, will I do anything special to deal with his talents? No, no I won't because he played about 1 first team game during the 6 or 12 months that he was at the club under my management. And the fact that I can't remember whether it was 6 or 12 months says exactly how unimportant this player was icon_mad.gif

As for it being over-reacting - of course it is, but over-reacting is a huge part of football, especially now we have microphones thrust infront of managers immediately after a game.

Yeah, that's the other thing! Every time a player is unhappy he spouts off in the media rather than finding his way to my office to speak to me in private. I know footballers are not all the sharpest knives in the drawer, but I'm sure they can find it in them to navigate their way to my office

Yep, and it's not as if you can just go privately to the player and ask him what's grinding his gears, either. I just wish you could.

I want the option to kick football boots at my pre madonnas, any chance of implementing this SI..would feel so good to have a breaking news report that X manager kicked a football boot at X player and injured his pretty face that he need plastic surgery costing a grand sum of £79999 hehe

Archived