Is my computer good enough?

I don't know a great deal about computers but I own a Toshiba laptop and my control panel lists the following info:

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2080@ 1.73GHz 1.73GHz

Memory (RAM): 502MB

System type: 32-bit operating system

I've also got 38.1GB free of 68.3GB

I've just started playing FM10 and it's incredibly slow. When it comes to a match situation, it is even worse and it can take up to 30mins to play a match in key highlight mode with the speed turned up (I don't even get to see the match as the graphics keep freezing and I also don't get to make any changes during the game for fear of further delays).

Is it simply a case that my computer isn't good enough to play FM10 or is there a potential solution? I am running 3 leagues on a small-database.

Thanks

I'm not surprised its slow. You dont have anywhere near enough ram. I suggest between 2 and 3gb would be ideal for a good fm game with plenty of leagues. Do you know what type of graphics card you have? If not the press start then run and type dxdiag in the box then click save all information. Once you've done that open the file with something like notepad and copy and past the information back here. Once you know the type of graphics card your computer has and its one that fm supports then it might be possible to get updated drivers.

RAM is the main issue that jumps out from those specs. Im sure the minimum is 1GB, more if you're running Vista. I'd suggest upgrading to 2 or even 3gb, should see a marked improvement in it.

The other problem is the processor speed. It's the same as mine' date=' a 1.77ghz and the minimum required is 2.0ghz.

I have 3gb of RAM on my laptop and it still runs slowly. I'm looking at investing in a new laptop :D[/quote']

What other things have you got running at the same time as fm? Running msconfig to see what is loaded at startup might help as it would allow you to stop the stuff that you dont really need. Downloading game booster might also help as this will stop all the not needed stuff that the windows os loads.

And do you have antivirus running? The latter can really slow things down.

If you do have an anti virus program running at the same time as fm then you should set it up so that it ignores any folders that fm uses and this should help with the performance but you really should be thinking about getting more ram.

Archived