Takeover Problem

I'm Leeds and I a consortium came in with an offer for the club and a transfer embargo was put on.

The takeover hit rocks twice but came back on, now 7 months later the transfer embargo still hasn't been removed an no talk of the takeover apart from on boardroom it says the talks are continuing. Will the transfer embargo ever go? is it a bug?

I'm in season 3 as Leeds - won League 1 at a canter, did some very useful purchases and decided to play it cautious for the Championship and accepted the board target of "top half finish"

The new signings were class - we ended up winning the championship by 5 points and so the mighty whites are back where they belong....

However, close season, the Klassy Ken tried to sell to a director, that collapsed and is now negotiating with Peter Lorimer who states that he will install DAVID PLATT as the new manager....thanks!! 2 leagues and the Johnsons Paint trophy in 2 years.....I'd like to see Platt do better?!!

Anyway, I've got 2 friendlies left, I have had a transfer embargo in place since June - I cant sign any players, cant sign any free transfers, have £20m to spend and a good Championship squad but we're gonna get stuffed as I need at least a prem standard LB, 2 x CB, CM and a striker to avoid relegation - which will be impossible if I cant sign anyone.....the situation has been going on for 6 weeks...surely this cant be right. I've sold/released a lot of players so my squad is bare.

The takeover shouldnt take this long.....we're in the prem, but wont be for long if I cant strengthen - surely this wouldn't happen IRL? The value of the club will be diminishing and would certainly be lower if we have to start the season with no players.

I was hoping that the takeover would be quick - but in light of this thread, I'm now very worried.

Im in the second season as Leeds, and the deal with the new chairman was concluded pretty swiftly. Took about 3 months, no embargoes at all. No new money from the new chairman (the new chairman is one of the existing directors, martin??).

There were a few pages coming up about hitting rocks so I was expecting problems...

I'm Leeds and I a consortium came in with an offer for the club and a transfer embargo was put on.

The takeover hit rocks twice but came back on, now 7 months later the transfer embargo still hasn't been removed an no talk of the takeover apart from on boardroom it says the talks are continuing. Will the transfer embargo ever go? is it a bug?

Not a bug. Sometimes the takeovers can take ages.

Agreed, look at Birmingham City, was almost 2 years since Yeung originally arrived on the scene with Bruce in charge I believe and they've only recently finished the takeover.

Technically not true. What happened was they tried to buy the club first time round and David Sullivan (Chairman) agreed to a sale but David Gold (Owner) said he'd rather not sell. So Yeung offered £50million and Gold agreed but when the Blues asked for proof of finances to make sure Yeungs company (Grandtop Holdings) could afford to finance the club for generations to come this information wasn't forthcoming. During this time Wigan poached Bruce and we brought in Big Eck. Then we got relegated and Yeung decided he wasn't interested in buying the club any more. He kept the few shares he bought before wanting to takeover and was planning on selling them on the stock exchange at some point in the future. Then all of a sudden Blues came 2nd and promoted from the Championship and Yeung realised we were an attractive proposition again. So he bought Gold, Sullivan and Brady's shares and ended up paying over £80 million. Then while the Golds and Sullivan were laughing all the way to the bank Yeung bought the rest of the shares and i think we've now been taken off the stock exchange!

So the morale of the story is it can take years for any sort of takeover to be completed!

i just had a german tycoon take over at newcastle and of course he wanted to bring back shearer as manager sadly for him the same day shearer signed on to take over from zola at west ham after his board sacked him during a takeover now I got 40m to spend and this is only the 1st season as well around end of october

Is there a way of tweaking the editor so it is a tycoon that takes over rather than another director? I have started 5 games with liverpool and gone on holiday just to see what happens and it is always the director Christian Purslow (think thats his name) that takes over and therefore no money is put into the club!

I agree that takeovers can take time...but I'm in the last week of July and have been under a transfer embargo the whole of the transfer window. The takeover came out of the blue in between the close of the season and the opening of the transfer window. Therefore, just after I achieved promotion to the premier league. So I'd offered out and agreed to sell a load of players so I'd have a big pot of cash to spend and bang, takeover planned, embargo put in place, takeover stalled and therefore its looking like I'm gonna have to play 5 under 18's in the first team squad. Cant loan, cant sign free agents and I play Sunderland in 10 days.....it just seems a little unfair! There's also been no news about it for 4 weeks.

Pre season has therefore been pretty tedious. Upgrade coaches, scout, train, play same players in new positions and hope the takeover completes before the end of the transfer window....and there's some players left!

I checked some of the other save games I have - and the embargo was in place on the 9th May - just after the last game of the season. I'm currently now on the 6th August - 3 months later.

I wouldn't have thought that it was realistic to put an embargo in when the directors and chairman are discussing a takeover - only when it is close to being finalised. And in my game, this was the case, but the deal collapsed and Ken Bates is now taking to another consortium - but the embargo from the original takeover is still in place.....that seems a little harsh!

sometimes that's happen, like Newcastle, they couldn't name a permanent manager for long time, but 8-12 year too much !

anyway .. I think it should be available for managers to talk about this in with current about it in board-room, to sort it soon or let him sign players as soon as possible, it is also needed pick if you [kindly-normally-desperate-angry] to make any request. It is also you should have option to talk in media about all of these issues in media to put pressure on board to accept your request, sepcially if they refused the proposal in the first time, and once you are going to the media quickly about it, the board lost a bit faith on you.

That's a good idea....because currently, my fan confidence for transfers is 'very poor' - because I've released/sold players who I feel are not up to the Premiership and have not been able to buy any...so even though I have won 2 consecutive leagues, my job status is only OK - and the fans confidence is slowly falling and I cant do anything about it.

It would be good to be able to say something in the press or at least talk to the board as the fans IRL would be fully behind the manager and having a go at the board for messing me around.

Archived