Huge problem fm 2010 freezes on osx

Hi, I'm sorry for my english, so I don't know if there are already many threads like this with the same problem.

Simply the game really really often freezes during an in game action (view key action (TVmode)) and automatically exit from the game.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FRUSTRATING, I can't play with a bug like this, saving continuously isn't useful cause if you are winning a key match 2-o and the game goes out by himself there's nothing you can do.

Please tell me that there's a way to avoid this, I'm really disappointed and I hope that SIGAMES staff could correct this very soon.

I play on a Mcbook 2.4Ghz intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 LEOPARD OSX.

Please, SAVE ME !

P.S.

I've already installed patch 10.1 !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Also, saving before each match helps if you don't want to turn off sound. It's -less- of a fix, but it does reduce the frequency. I noticed if I hadn't been saving frequently, I crashed after a few matches. When I saved before every match, it happened maybe one every 20 or so. With the sound off and saving every match, I haven't crashed once.

It's a known issue, and the temporary fix is to uncheck the Enable Sounds box in Preferences under Display and Sound :)

I've never had the sound enabled on FM, so these must be different problems. Hmm.

Also, saving before each match helps if you don't want to turn off sound. It's -less- of a fix, but it does reduce the frequency. I noticed if I hadn't been saving frequently, I crashed after a few matches. When I saved before every match, it happened maybe one every 20 or so. With the sound off and saving every match, I haven't crashed once.

I've had to save before every game lately, but that doesn't help with this particular bug either. It's a freeze as the game tries to move into the TV view, whilst it is setting up the game.

Grrrr.

I've never had that issue, then. Sorry, can't be much help.

You may wish to try setting your default view to something other than tv, and then manually switching it? I'm not sure why that would be happening, nor if this will help at all. May need to backup the save files and reinstall.

• Administrators

Hi guys, we're sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing. Are these freezes always happening in the same place? Or is it more random? Do you have save games you could potentially upload to our FTP so we can take a look? If so, please upload them and send me a PM to let me know and we'll try to get to the bottom of this issue. Thanks.

Neil, the problem for me occurs on the match day screens. After I've given my team talk etc and am ready to start the game, it freezes on the "Setting up match view" loader. Worse than that, it KOs my entire system! iTunes stops playing, my cursor still moves but doesn't change contextually, and the clock on my menu bar stops updating. I've tried just leaving it for five or six minutes, but it gets so hot and the fans start running so hard that it genuinely seems like yes > dev/null is running.

For the record this did not happen at all in the first season, only the second. I can't think of any specific events that have brought it about for me.

Thank god someone else is having a problem with this!!!

I got to about the third game of the season (first season) when the game crashed for the first time - like you guys above it was when I was accessing the match set-up. It now crashes everytime I try to get to a match. It crashes everything and I've tried re-installing, changing settings etc but nothing has worked. It's immensley frustrating. I'm a huge fan of this game and to not be able to play the new version is a nightmare.

Does anyone have any more suggestions?

• SI Staff

Danielle77 I notice you only have 2Gb of RAM on your Mac - would you mind indicating what setup you're using in the game?

(main reason I'm asking is my iMac has 2Gb and was slow as heck to play the game with, this appeared to be down to memory 'thrashing' (where an application runs out of memory and pages stuff in and out continually) - in a worst case scenario this might cause a crash .... I generally now run the game on my MacBook Pro which has 4Gb of RAM and its much faster (despite being the same setup) simply because it doesn't thrash memory at all)

hi gus i have a pc and running windows vista and i have to save before every game as the game will not always display the 3d match engine. this is most frustrating, i played the old game fine on my pc and the new one seems to give me loads of problems. This has become must time consuming. Its really bizare as it works almost every 2 out of 3 games fine.

• 1 month later...

Archived