Mac Showstopper?

Hi all,

I've been playing the Mac version quite happily for a season. I'm into my second season now (I think it's November) and the game is increasingly unpredictable when going to matches.

When I go to a game sometimes the game just hangs indefinitely at the "Setting up match" screen, before it goes to TV View. It's like I'm doing yes > /dev/null, my processors are working at full pelt and the HDD is spinning but nothing is happening.

This happens if I quit and reload the save. It seems to be specific matches. When I went on holiday, the game carried on and I was able to play the next game. Then the game after that, the same thing happened again!

I'm using the latest patch and it's a fresh game with the patch. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the same thing happens. After buying & installing the game I made a disk imageof the disc to mount on my Mac, since I travel frequently and anybody else using a MacBook Pro knows how bloody noisy the Superdrives are. I don't think that would effect this though? I've tried it with the disc in and it still does the same thing.

Thanks for any help.

Archived