Cup final day

Imagine the scene if you will...

After a long weary campaign you find yourself in one of the major cup finals, lets takle the F.A Cup for example. As soon as I see my team drawn as the away side my heart sinks. It's a small gripe I've had even since I started playing the game about a decade ago and have found it to be trrue in every version since.

Obviously in standard gameplay during the league season the home team has the home advantage. Does this advantage then apply for the team drawn at home in a cup final? Just wondering if anybody else has experienced the same, I just have always found it a hell of a lot more difficult to succeed in finals when I'm drawn away.

Any thoughts or am I just whinging?

Glad I'm not the only on tbh! I always tend to set out a more defensive stall, just played Chelsea in the community shield and got thrashed 3-1 and guess if my Liverpool side were drawn home or away? I did however have a 16 year old regen playing CB as is my injury crisis so that may well have something to do with it!

Spare a thought for us lower league managers who play in the BSS / BSN. When you get to the final of the conference cup, it's played at one of the finalists' stadium!

I remember having to play against Dag n Red AT Dag n Red's ground in the final. Nightmare.

Not sure if being posted as the 'away' side makes a difference (at least for the FA CUP) as you are playing in neutral territory.

I have always though the same thing through all the previous versions of CM / FM.

Would be good to ge some clarification from someone at SI on this if theres anyone out there?!

Although I guess that it's likley to be all in our minds, as It would be something major to of missed this through all the years!

back in FM2008, in the 2010/11 season with chelsea i was the away team in the FA cup final and lost 1-0 to Liverpool... 3 days later i was the away team in the champ league final.......lost 1-0 to inter............!!!!

but strangely, in the 2011/12 season i was the home team in League Cup final and won Man Utd 4-2 (who had a much better team then liverpool).....and got pay back in the cham league final as i was the home team and won inter 3-0.......with pretty much the same team!!!

so i agree !!!!

Neutral territory doesn't work in FM IMO,i remember back on FM09 the predictors verdict at the end of the game saying something like this "i said the home team should win and i'm glad to be on target" (that wasn't exact but it was something on those lines) and the game was played at wembley.

Neutral territory doesn't work in FM IMO,i remember back on FM09 the predictors verdict at the end of the game saying something like this "i said the home team should win and i'm glad to be on target" (that wasn't exact but it was something on those lines) and the game was played at wembley.

Same in FM10. I was on the left side and won the FA cup 3-0 and the post-match prediction said exactly that^^^

So maybe I have struck a chord then! I thought I was just having a moan at losing to Chelsea. As previous posters have said though some clarification on exactly how the home 'bias' during league games which taking into account Burnley's home form this year is obviously evident, is factored into the game would be greatly appreciated. As indeed would how this same advantage is eliminated during games which are played at neutral venues. Just a thought!

Archived