Patch - not updating version

Hello,

Installed game, everything's fine there. My problem is, after installing the patch, it still doesn't seem to have updated the game at all. The version number on start new game is still 10.0.0 and I only have the default database to choose from. The tell tale sign that nothing has updated though is the continued absence of Mr. Carr at Birmingham.

Any suggestions? Have uninstalled game, reinstalled, re downloaded patch. All to no avail.

I downloaded it manually (twice) from the direct download link in the patch post. Still haven't worked out how my firewall and proxy settings work properly... Torrents just don't seem to like me...

Hi

What's happening when you run the patch?

There is only the 'default' database as there have only been a few small updates.

The version number should be 10.1 on the 'start new game' and 'game status' screens inside the game.

If they are okay then the patch has worked.

Another way to test it is to run the patch twice, if on the second time the patch picks up that you have version 10.1.0 then it's worked also.

Edit: Out of curiosity, how did you install the game?

It opens up a little window that tells me it's patch 10.1.0.

I click ok, it goes into the extractor.

Then the patch installer window shows up, asking me for the destination file.

On clicking ok it goes through the 817 files updated.

And then, still no joy...

No, it's whilst the games not in use.

It's definetly aiming for the .exe, but it just doesn't seem to update it.

When I click check for updates in the actual game, it finds this website and says I need some small update but it can't locate the file.

When installing the game, right at the end it did say there were some errors whilst installing.

I've just uninstalled again. I'll try it again later, after lunch, and post the details of the errors.

Any ideas on where I find the installation log?

It has actually worked now, but had to manually select the fm.exe as opposed to the folder that was set up.

The game version hasn't changed on the little window that opens when you start a new game, but has in the actual game itself, along the top in the blue area on the league select screen.

cheers but when it unzips the patch installer.exe in the box on screen don't u have to press setup to start the update

how do I install the patch? downloaded it but when I try to run it, it says windows doesn't have a program to run it

can anyone help me here?

Ive had the same problem as mentioned above but get lost towards the end of this topic.

Ive got the update which unzips and says its 10.1 etc....it updates the 800+ files and says completed.

Yet when you go to start a game it says default and more to the point version 10.0 still? shouldn't it change to 10.1?

any help?

ALSO...

ive located the editor. Used it a little, but notice when saving it saves instantly but isnt actually changing the database?

For example I clicked save, called the file matt data. Yet when starting a new game it still says version 10.0 and also the only database to select is default?

Please help if possible guys :(

interestingly since my original reply ive noticed more.

Now when starting a new game it comes up saying 10.0 but once clicking beyound that screen the next screen says football manager 10.1 at the top. and my editor changes have taken place. hopefully the update is there.

just does not seem as straight forward as the good old days :(

Guys ive had the same problem as everyone as explained above. I got mine working by taking out the Football Manager pc dvd out of the Disk drive before running the patch. It completed the update and now shows the version as v.10.1.0 .Hope this works for everyone !!

interestingly since my original reply ive noticed more.

Now when starting a new game it comes up saying 10.0 but once clicking beyound that screen the next screen says football manager 10.1 at the top. and my editor changes have taken place. hopefully the update is there.

just does not seem as straight forward as the good old days :(

Okay I think you're meaning that the database is 10.0 (as this is the only database it's correct) but the game version is 10.1

This means the update has worked as there is no 10.1 database, there were a few small changes made but not enough for a full update.

To anyone who thinks they are not updated please go into the game and click on the Game Status screen, the version number of the code will be there.

Archived