How can I play FM without Steam

Install using steam right click on game and create desktop icon.

Set Steam to run in offline mode and away ye go. Steam cliesnt usings bugger all memory but will load (unless SI have bypassed it once activated) but isnt a huge issues if you have any memory in yer PC at all

Set Steam to run in offline mode and away ye go. Steam cliesnt usings bugger all memory but will load (unless SI have bypassed it once activated) but isnt a huge issues if you have any memory in yer PC at all

yeah I had to do this with FM09, steam constantly throws back the error "game is not available at this time" if Im in online mode.

Thanks to all that bothered to reply. What i'm trying to do is play FM on the family computer while my brother is playing it on the laptop. We only made one steam account to buy the game, because the boxed version isn't very easy to find in canada ( F**K hockey) and we can't be online in the same time from two different computers. Should I try to install the FM while Steam is offline, or is it a more simpler way to do it. Copy/Paste fm.exe from steamaps isn't working like last year

Sorry if I ask to many questions but i'm desperate to play the game

All replies are much appreciated

Hi!! I´m trying to play fm2010 through steam and is always the same message "game not available. please try again later" I´m also looking for the fm.exe and i don´t have it anywhere, can anybody help me?

Once you've installed and activated the game through Steam, it'll be in;

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\fm.exe

I want to play the game without having to connect onto my steam account. How can i make a shortcut on the desktop? I know a lot of people have got Steam accounts just to play FM and don't really need it much after... Please help

Cheers in advance

I've figured out how to do this. Isn't difficult either.

I made a copy of the fm folder in steam apps, and placed it in a own sports interactive/football manager 2010 folder in the program files folder.

This is because i want to keep the original game in one folder, so that applying later patches won't be a problem....

Then I downloaded the pc update for 10.1 even though the game is already patched when downloaded from steam, i did update it with the patch for the dvd version too. (Not sure wether you need to do that)

Then downloaded a nodvd patch, as now the game needs the dvd disc to be played.

Started the game without steam and it works fine :D

I made a copy of the fm folder in steam apps, and placed it in a own sports interactive/football manager 2010 folder in the program files folder.

This is because i want to keep the original game in one folder, so that applying later patches won't be a problem....

Then I downloaded the pc update for 10.1 even though the game is already patched when downloaded from steam, i did update it with the patch for the dvd version too. (Not sure wether you need to do that)

Where did you get your nodvd patch from?

Have fun trying to access these forums 2moro

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived