The Official Football Manager 2010 FEEDBACK Thread

I am very impressed with FM2010, the last FM I played for a long period of time was FM2007. I bought FM2008 but the game didn't feel as good as FM2007 to me for whatever reason. I didn't get 2009 because I was still happy with 2007 but this year I finally decided to finish my FM2007 stint and get 2010.

Recieved the game today and from first impressions it is a world apart from 2007. 2007 was great but the amount of new stuff on 2010 compared to what I have been used to is MASSIVE! I love the press conferences and the 3D match is nice. For me personally I don't suffer any jerkyness in the 3D match whatsoever, I don't know if the jerkyness is there for a lot of people or if it's just present for a few people but for me it's non existant. I have a Geforce 8800GTS card and that isn't exactly new so if it works perfectly on that then i'm sure the people with the 9 series cards and above have no problems either.

I scored a lovely volley in the bottom corner from 10 yards for my first ever goal on FM2010 :D

So all in all, my opinion is that you guys who are going to get the full game on Friday... You will not be disapointed. :thup: Well done Si *bows down*

I'm glad you're enjoying the full game. I must say I'm also very impressed with the demo - regardless of the lack of defending. It seems the most fun FM game since 07 at the moment.

Whether or not the lack of tackling eventually gets me fed up with the game will be another matter though.

Hopefully it won't :)

I am very impressed with FM2010, the last FM I played for a long period of time was FM2007. I bought FM2008 but the game didn't feel as good as FM2007 to me for whatever reason. I didn't get 2009 because I was still happy with 2007 but this year I finally decided to finish my FM2007 stint and get 2010.

Recieved the game today and from first impressions it is a world apart from 2007. 2007 was great but the amount of new stuff on 2010 compared to what I have been used to is MASSIVE! I love the press conferences and the 3D match is nice. For me personally I don't suffer any jerkyness in the 3D match whatsoever, I don't know if the jerkyness is there for a lot of people or if it's just present for a few people but for me it's non existant. I have a Geforce 8800GTS card and that isn't exactly new so if it works perfectly on that then i'm sure the people with the 9 series cards and above have no problems either.

I scored a lovely volley in the bottom corner from 10 yards for my first ever goal on FM2010 :D

So all in all, my opinion is that you guys who are going to get the full game on Friday... You will not be disapointed. :thup: Well done Si *bows down*

I think it is a very good game as well :thup:

Kingrobbo... I'm playing it on Vista, the laptop you are getting sounds awesome though :D I am playing FM2010 with a 2.4ghz Quad core processor with 3gb ram. I am able to run 20+ leagues from 7 countries with no slow down.

The facepacks are good too, I mean I haven't played an FM since 07 so compared to that everything is improved! Not sure how different the facepacks are to 2009 though.

I just want to say first that I think SI do a great job listening to us to get feedback and very active on the forum. We all have our own opinions on how we want FM to work and what needs to be introduced etc. But overall SI try their best to listen to us.

I was so fed up with FM09 because of the ridiculous amount of bugs. I binned the game and headed for CM2010. I purchased it on the cheap and have to say some of the new features they introduced out shined FM09 and also did the same to FM2010. I have listed below what FM need to improve on - however this is my opinion. I was delighted when I left FM09 for a while, and to come back and see that SI was working on rectifying the bugs issue in the game engine. This put a smile back on my face and decided I will give the demo a try.

I didn't like CM2010 that much apart from some new features they introduced that were far better than in FM09 or FM2010. I got the I miss FM syndrome, but still had a quirky feeling that it didn't give me any excitement. So I took a deed breath and downloaded FM2010.

I have only played FM2010 for a few hours - so I understand this is not much to go on by comparing it - somewhat unethical. But I did immediately check out the old features and compare them to CM2010 new features. At first I don't like the new layout, most probably because I'm not used to it - this may grow on me over time. I felt let down by the same boring press conferences, the same nasty boring training schedules. I was disappointed that SI did not bring in a free-kick creator like in CM2010. The graphics seem better than before - the 3D match engine is improved but I feel it's not polished up enough - next year may see it take an ever bigger step forward. No new scouting network - still unrealistic (scouting around 100 players within a month or two is complete fantasy), CM has stole the show with this one I feel. Analysis tool seems good, except I cant get it to work - I get nothing (seems so simple to analyse things if it appeared). Touchline shouts are brilliant for quick instructions - superb introduction. I love the introduction of the tactical creator - superb work has been put into this.

Overall I'm not that impressed but its early days. I have to give praise to SI for sorting these bugs out - although I've noticed a few in the demo. Hopefully the game will grow on me. I wish they'd done more work on it though to change those old boring parts. I'm hoping for next year they will overhaul the training, scouting, media conferences and press newspaper stories, and introduce a free-kick creator. These areas that I feel need developed and massively improved - CM has overtaken FM on these elements. But FM is still the king of football management gaming.

They have done well to improve some old things and bring in new things but still need to work on a few of the oldies to bring up to stretch. More time playing it may put a bigger smile on my face. I'm happy with it and feel its better than CM. CM id give 7/10 FM id give 8/10. If SI can take on board some of the things CM have done to improve their game and perhaps steal them ;) they'd stretch further away and become a 10/10.

Im impressed so don't feel this is a dig or negativity. I like the feel of FM2010 and I have excitement to go and buy the game.

The thing is, CM might have some decent concepts but their delivery is woeful and at the end of the day, if the match engine doesn't work then the game doesn't work.

FM2010 is the most polished yet, but yeah, do agree that the next version should look at a revision of scouting and training and perhaps media interaction.

The 3D graphics will always improve with each version.

OK, this is a day early as - ahem - some stores have sent the game out early, and some people want to post their views.

I'll merge a few posts into here to start things off.

If you want to comment on the demo, please use this thread

If you want to talk about when your game is arriving, please use this thread

If you have Steam problems, please use this thread

If you want general info, including technical support info, etc, please use this thread.

Other than that, please post your views on FM2010 here.

==============================================================

I cocked it up - please see proper thread here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158483

Yes, I'm a rubbish mod. :(

Archived