Were at home, we should win this - Home advantage?

my question, does home advantage exist in fm?

ive never really had a game were in my stadium is some what of a fortress.

ive had unbeaten runs etc, but nothing that suggests a home team has advantage, which i feel should be in the game...maybe it already is, if so how can i use it?

those that are about to suggest its not an issue or as important as we may think...

this season alone

burnley 1 v 0 manchester united

wigan 3 v 1 chelsea

these results would not have happened at old trafford / stamford bridge? possible yes likely no.

id like to take on a role at stoke on the new fm as i know they are hard to beat particulaly at home.

thoughts anybody?

Cray Wanderers in the Ryman Premier league...

valid and fair point, and good example, although ive played in the ryman with billericy town, and with all due respect the crowds are hardly enough to effect a game, the most wed play infront of in a league game on average would be 30/150 or so, the atmosphere was far from hostile, more locals with a flask of soup.

although some places were hard to go and play at (basingstoke being one) it dident make too much difference.

im referring to higher scale football, further up the leagues (although it should be included this low also)

theres no denying in the majority of cases playing at home has a huge advantage, for example beskitas, warsaw, boca juniors.... who in their right minds is up for playing away at places like these, thus giving home team advantage.

im not sure if it is in the game but if it isnt it sure should be.

dont know how it would be implemented, wouldent want 3 points purely because your at home but maybe an extra 5 to 10% chance of winning would be realistic ..imo

prbably has something to do with the size of the pitch you select. you will play half your league games on that size pitch during the season + cup games that get selected for it and any progression in competitions such as the champions leauge. would be similar to player geling but with the pitch size you select. bigger pitch = more room for creative players to do thier stuff. small pitch have to work harder to get into those positions or play he ball through the middle. play to the strengths of the team and you might notice a difference.

I haven't really paid that close attention to player motivation home vs. away, but if there is a real simulated effect in FM, I would guess that this would be where it would occur. Overall, I'd say I have better form home than away across all of my FM saves, so the difference must be coming from somewhere. As Stevie G said, being able to set your pitch size, and have your team tactics tuned to that pitch size might account for some difference too, but I've never been convinced that a couple meters really makes that much of a difference either way.

cool sounds like its possible then, which means its likely implemented in some way, probably a mixture of my tactics at home, pitch size, mentality.

im guessing smaller clubs or sides of less ability should play on compact pitches and vica versa big teams big pitches

Same, but i usually play both attacking football home and away

i dont know if you are the same as me but admittedly on previous games due to being pretty rubbish at creatin tactics and finding it long winded, id find a winning formulae and stick to it home and away.

now with the tactics creator (best feature yet for fm to date imo) its quick enough and easy enough to alter / add new tactics as and when you go,

example at home your preferred choice, away against small opposition play two up top and more expressive, against a big four 451 away dont give anything away disciplined game

etc etc etc

i will finally give my tactics the time they deserve.

hopefully this will help with away / home / european form

Archived