Sven-Göran Eriksson and his role at Notts Co

As we all know, Sven-Göran Eriksson is currently the Director of Football (or something along those lines) at Notts Co. As far as I can remember, staff tend to stay at that role until they retire in FM. Does that mean there's no chance Eriksson will pick up his manager career in FM10, or has this been covered somehow?

As directors of football have no say in what happens at a club in FM or never leave their position Sven will be just a name and won't continue his managerial career unless of course he takes the Sweden job very soon and that is included in the release day patch.

As directors of football have no say in what happens at a club in FM or never leave their position Sven will be just a name and won't continue his managerial career unless of course he takes the Sweden job very soon and that is included in the release day patch.

thats why it be good to make him a coach there or somethink

How does Nicky Hammond at Reading FC get away with this? He is in the game as a scout, but his role at Reading FC is not a scout. He is closer to a Director of Football than scout. He deals with the transfer signings, not scouting them.

How does Nicky Hammond at Reading FC get away with this? He is in the game as a scout, but his role at Reading FC is not a scout. He is closer to a Director of Football than scout. He deals with the transfer signings, not scouting them.

same with dennis wise last year at newcastle iirc

I have always seen Arnesen as a scouting role, and youth development can be seen as a scout I guess, but looking for youth players not established.

I wonder if there are any criteria for people to be made scouts over directors, or vise-versa

Archived