Some questions about the start of FM

I have a question about the start of FM.

I don't understand one thing... If i buy the game in box (in a shop). After the installation can i play the game without the DVD inside the driver or i must have it in? Can I install the game with the key, like for the FM 09? or i have to play always with the DVD inside?

I have already read the topic about it... But I haven't understood...

Sorry for my bad english... i Hope that you can understand my question..

If you buy a boxed version you have two options.

1) Activate using Steam. That way you don't need the DVD in the drive but you do need Steam running while playing.

2) IF you choose not to opt for Steam, then you need to have the DVD in the drive at all times while playing.

It's different to FM09 in that you won't get a key to activate.

OK this was the answere that i wanted... Thanks all ;)

Another little question... If i buy the game online (not from steam).. Will I activate the game with the key? (like the FM 09?)

OK this was the answere that i wanted... Thanks all ;)

Another little question... If i buy the game online (not from steam).. Will I activate the game with the key? (like the FM 09?)

Sorry... Can you answere to me? please...

If you buy a boxed version you have two options.

1) Activate using Steam. That way you don't need the DVD in the drive but you do need Steam running while playing.

2) IF you choose not to opt for Steam, then you need to have the DVD in the drive at all times while playing.

Hang on a minute.

I was under the impression I could activate via Steam, an then run it in offline mode, as I can't always have an internet connection while playing

Hang on a minute.

I was under the impression I could activate via Steam, an then run it in offline mode, as I can't always have an internet connection while playing

That's still ok. What I mean is that you can't run FM without running Steam this year, you can run it in offline mode without problems.

That's still ok. What I mean is that you can't run FM without running Steam this year, you can run it in offline mode without problems.

How exactly do you get steam to run offline. I couldn't see an option for this anywhere.

Theres an option to run steam offline in one of the menu's - think its the most left menu.

Once clicked steam will start in offline mode - although make sure it lists your game as 100% in your games area as you can only play games that are at 100% (ie. if a patch came out and you switched to offline mode before patch was fully d/l'd or installed - you'd need to reconnect and finish the update.

Archived