newcastle or spurs

hi im just reaching the end of December in my first season at newcastle but spurs have sacked ramos and r 18th in the league and im 4th. there are reports tht im the fave for the job should i join them or stay put

hi im just reaching the end of December in my first season at newcastle but spurs have sacked ramos and r 18th in the league and im 4th. there are reports tht im the fave for the job should i join them or stay put

Reminds me of an earlier game I had, I was thinking the same when I managed Man City and I was linked with Grants job at Chelsea during mid 2nd season. I resigned from City since I had a poor recent run and I wanted a 'change of scenery'.

I waited until Grants contract expired at the end of the season, only for Steve Clarke to get promoted to manager... no job for me...

Luckily, Alex Ferguson retired that season so I got the United hotseat, some consolation, so I wasn't out of a job for too long.

The moral is, don't expect a job just because you are favorite to get it. Oh, and the Chelsea board don't like to hire managers outside of the club!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cockyhammer:

hi again i have played a few more weeks and spurs have offered me there job what should i do. btw spurs are still in the uefa cup an ive just been knocked outta the leagie cup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to be a bit blunt, but - do what you like. You're the manager, not us icon14.gif

Stay put mate. Title challenge or relegation scrap ? Newcastle is a good job, as much or more money as spurs and a decent sqaud you can build on. I know the lure of European football is hard to resist but think about it ... you are probally gonna be in Europe next year anyway, with yor own sqaud! Tell them to get stuffed ! icon_razz.gif

hi ppl seasons finished and i finished second and spurs finished midtable so i think tht i made da right decision plus ive sold wright phillps 4 25 mil and crouch a 10 mil profit and sold nzogbia 4 25 mil as well so have bout lennon ribery and mertesacker. so i should do alrite next year

Archived