Difficulty? Suggestions?

Ok so far i have played with:

West Ham

Rangers

Leeds

All of which i have been beaten by stupid lower teams.

Gretna beat my rangers team, and i got pumped 5-0 off of Newcastle when i was West Ham, this was even after spending my 17 million budget on recommended players, from this forum.

Ive tried different tactics, different team instructions etc.

but i continue to say this game is pretty difficult, even if i was Man Utd.

This coupled with the unfixed "dissallowed goals system" its pretty insane.

Does any have a GREAT recommended tactics and team instruction.

I just cant seem to win.

Thanks

West Ham

Rangers

Leeds

Gretna beat my rangers team, and i got pumped 5-0 off of Newcastle when i was West Ham, this was even after spending my 17 million budget on recommended players, from this forum.

I just cant seem to win.

Thanks

THIS GAME IS TOO DIFFICULT!!!!!!

I have tried everything!!!!!! Read that link, tried tactics, tried different players, tweaked staff, tweaked instructions.

I just got beat 7-3 from Kobenhavn, then beat 1-0 from GRETNA!!!!

I mean come on!!!! GRETNA!!!!!!

Oh, and i havent scored in 3 bloody games!!!!!!

Not the game my friend, I score plenty and win plenty. Try downloading a tactic from one of the fansites, I think CM Frenzy has a pack zip file with about 10 different tactics in it you can try.

Other than that keep trying, you'll get there in the end.

Sorry pal, if anything the game is too easy after 8.02.

Are you mishandling the media ? If your players aren't happy this me be part of the problem.

Other than that I can only suggest that you're not very good at the game yet and to keep plugging away.

Every savegame I've started my team has been a total train wreck for the first maybe 10 games of the season before I start turning things around, but after that I've done fine without needing to use anybody else's tactics, just a mish-mashed tactic of my own.

I've generally started with lowly teams though so in my case it may well just be bad players who are not gelled as a unit and who don't know me as a manager and aren't skilled enough to implement my tactical instructions even if they do make sense!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamie22:

Yeh this game sux, i have tried 9 different tactics from CmFrenzy and i still get beat from Hearts.

STFU SI </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to give each tactic a minimum of 5 games for the team to get used to. The game isn't TOO hard and plenty of people have had lots of success. I took Wigan into Europe in my first season and have had 2 unbeaten seasons with Bayern Munich. A majority of people have complained about it being too easy now, not too hard and as for disallowed goals, you'd be lucky if I got 10 a seasona dn that sems natural enough.

TBH it must just be lack of patience on your part.

Its not lack of patience, i find FM very inconsistent.

I just beat FC Mityjlan 3-0 AWAY, so on the home leg, i keep same team, same tactic, and they beat me 2-1? I understand this can happen but the chances?

Gretna beating Rangers? Hibs leading the league table by 9 points already yet im beating them?

Im continuing on just now, lets see how it goes.

This is just a suggestion.

You lose one game, you change the tactics. The players dont like the change of tactics so quickly instead of slowly implementing them.

You lose another game.

You change the tactics again making your team unhappy, again.

Your being too inconsistent for your own good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamie22:

ok so you just keep the same tactic through the whole game?

I change my tactics pending on the team i play, if im playing Barcelona then i`ll maybe change to a 5-3-2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then have set tactics for set occasions. I have 3 tactics I use depending who i'm playing, very attacking for smaller teams, attacking for middle teams and possession play against rivals and bigger teams.

By the end of the season the team will have played with each tactic at least 10-15 times so they will be really used to it and know how to work with it when I use it.

In Scotland you should only need 2 tactics, for weaker teams and bigger teams. Just stick with them, i've used the Arsenal_Untouchables tactic from CM Frenzy when I first started playing 08, to give me a feel of what is needed to succeed and it was very solid. Took my team a while to get used to but second season I won the Champions League.

West Ham

Rangers

Leeds

I just cant seem to win.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I have seen, tactics are not an instant success, players seem to understand them with matches. Also tactics depend on your players and your team quality. 4-1-3-2 CA (1 DMC, 3 MCs with arrows), for example, works good for me against most teams, but when I'm favourite I prefer 4-2-3-1 (2 MCs with barrows, 2 AMCs with sarrows) and default tactics. But it depends on speed of defenders and strikers, on rival's mentality...

For example, if you are scoring a lot from corners, missing chances from gk deflections is ok, but if you are not, is better to have safer chances (slow tempo and short passing). If you winger is world class and you have great aerial striker, let winger dribble and cross, but if striker can't head, just let winger ttb, shot from range and reduce his crosses. tactics depend a lot on your players.

Archived