Will the new Ass Man interaction help to spot regens ?

grep

As the title says now the Assistant Manager will help more on harvesting & showing data that in the previous versions drained an era.

For example spotting regens, at least to me, took an age. Is there any hint into FM10 to quickly spot regens and when ?

Otherwise, will the new AM interaction help to quickly spot regens ?

thanks

mhh....I may be wrong so don't start to blame me....but....

I would like to have a function who gimme instantly the list of the players ( in UK let's say ) who are in their very first time in the Leagues and they are younger than 20 years old. ( kinda regens )

List at hand I can look at everyone and judge if this is a good player or not.

Is this burocratic task a secretary / ass man job or scout one ?

thanks

I see. This is more a scouting thing I would say, but irl there would be a paper which tells you which players are new in the respective u19 teams of the clubs, so irl that list exists (though irl your scouts will know the kids for years already). But do we need that in the game? I'm unsure.

I also do that kind of work sometimes, screening through the U21 national squads looking for 16 or 17 year old players and then scout them to see if they are good, same with a few smaller leagues with next to no real players.

But as a game feature? I don't see that. It doesn't save you work and in the end - if at all you are able to see all attributes - you can only judge CA and not PA without scouting. So I wouldn't say it's needed. :(

I think this would come down to you pro-actively searching for these youngsters and then putting your scouts onto them. I don't see this as a Assistant Manager job.

Could you not build a search filter which would get exactly the players you want? Surely this wouldn't be impossible to do? Even with a little margin for error in displaying second/third season youngsters you should get a pretty decent list.

I think this would come down to you pro-actively searching for these youngsters and then putting your scouts onto them. I don't see this as a Assistant Manager job.

Could you not build a search filter which would get exactly the players you want? Surely this wouldn't be impossible to do? Even with a little margin for error in displaying second/third season youngsters you should get a pretty decent list.

I thought the same but why do I have to perform a manual search when the " trend " of FM10 is simplify data collection via a new ass man report every time before a match ?

I think this manual and prolonged effort is against the general FM10 purpose of simplifying data collection.....

Anyway not a big issue

I see. This is more a scouting thing I would say, but irl there would be a paper which tells you which players are new in the respective u19 teams of the clubs, so irl that list exists (though irl your scouts will know the kids for years already). But do we need that in the game? I'm unsure.

Are you sure? A list of every kid who enrols in every club's youth academy? I think that's hardly likely, and even if such a list did exist it would only be a list of names, ages, addresses and school records, or suchlike. There's no way you or your scouts would have access to the footballing abilities of schoolkids appearing at a distant academy one their first day.

Are you sure? A list of every kid who enrols in every club's youth academy? I think that's hardly likely, and even if such a list did exist it would only be a list of names, ages, addresses and school records, or suchlike. There's no way you or your scouts would have access to the footballing abilities of schoolkids appearing at a distant academy one their first day.

Of course, not a paper with a comprehensive list as far as I know.

You might know though that I make my living from working in football and from how it works irl, every decent kid is of course known to our scouts, sometimes from the age of 13, sometimes just when they are 15, but anyway before they get to the highest youth level (which in England is the academy), so neither them grwoing older at their clubs nor them swapping clubs is something we would miss. Irl they just don't pop up as in FM. The information on them is however out there on various plattforms and/or due to our scoutingirl and even if there is no such list, we know about every interesting kid and everyone who makes an effort can too.

Ther problem here is that FM cannot work that way, so some kind of list (though pretty useless for the game in my opinion) could provide the information which rl clubs do realistically have from all kinds of sources. Thus it would be an unrealistic way of providing realistic information.

Hmm, edit takes ages.

Of course to the described extent that's true only in our country. In England I assume us to know all national team players and quite a few more, especially at the bigger clubs, but beyond that knowledge will be less.

Archived