CA and PA 's

just something ive noticed a lot while roaming on the forums, is that far too many people look to much into the players hidden attributes and potential etc.

i personnaly feel people just buy certain players because they know they have a quality potential and will turn out to be excellent full stop and kind of stray off the fact they might like to sign a person who they watch on tele reguarly and looks brilliant but might be underated on the game.

Hence buy the potential option instead of your heart option.

I know the name of the game is to buy the best players and sucseed and be as successful as possible in the game. but i just feel if the whole CA and PA attributes were hidden and less taken notice of it would make it a lot more enjoyable and satisfying to know that you bought the player because he is what you think he will be and that you have scouted him moulded him to your team regardless of the fact what PA or CA he has.

i know certain people will slate this topic and thats fair doos everyone's opinion and all, that hence my opinion above.

still love the game though

Well, this is up to individual players. You can play the game without using the editor and don't have to know the CA/PA of any player.

I personally don't use the editor in any save I am looking to seriously have a go at. I just make sure I sign a decent couple of scouts first thing.

but there not on editor though.

i just feel people look to far into theese and i think its more of a cheat to be honest.

i feel its better to scout and unearth talent yourself rather than get help to see who will turn out good.

Well, if you don't want to cheat, then don't do it!! Does your gaming experience change because somebody else is cheating??? Or are the stats too easily accessible for you so it's too tempting to cheat for you?

Well, if you don't want to cheat, then don't do it!! Does your gaming experience change because somebody else is cheating??? Or are the stats too easily accessible for you so it's too tempting to cheat for you?

i dont cheat. i just get info off scout reports which is fair enough and what any manager would do.

but when you buy the same people just for the sake of it because you know they are going to turn out brillianty everytime with little or much aid etc it becomes too easy.

ive just seen far to many people on theese forums by the same players for every team they are because of there high CA/PA's after looking in the editor section.

Well, this is up to individual players. You can play the game without using the editor and don't have to know the CA/PA of any player.

but when you come on the forums all people talk about is such and such a player has this PA/CA therefore you cant help but know who will turn out good/worldclass.

Because of the artificial ceiling that is PA, there isn't much more of a gauge to know who is world class.

I'd rather have lots of numbers being thrown around than comments like "I think there's a 10% chance Bramble will be the next Zidane" or "my 20/20 scouts say Pato is a good player". People come here and ask who are the best strikers in the game - we don't give them our scout reports - it's quicker to say "Torres" or something - because of their CA/PA.

Because of the artificial ceiling that is PA, there isn't much more of a gauge to know who is world class.

I'd rather have lots of numbers being thrown around than comments like "I think there's a 10% chance Bramble will be the next Zidane" or "my 20/20 scouts say Pato is a good player". People come here and ask who are the best strikers in the game - we don't give them our scout reports - it's quicker to say "Torres" or something - because of their CA/PA.

yeah but surely the whole point of being a manager is not to cheat and ask others but to unearth players yourself with the aid of your scouts and there reports

now fair enough people do come on and ask, which fair enough is only right that people answer there q's with there honest opinions but i think and my point is people are too obsessed with CA/PA ratings.

I've seen a lot more 150ish type players in FM with the right attributes outperforming players known to have a high PA.

Simply buying a team of 190+ PA's does not guarantee a walkthrough, I prefer to buy players who fit my tactic and have the minimum attributes.

but there not on editor though.

i just feel people look to far into theese and i think its more of a cheat to be honest.

i feel its better to scout and unearth talent yourself rather than get help to see who will turn out good.

Thing is though, if they were hidden in the editor, you wouldn't be able to edit them, making the editor pointless :D.

Let people play the game the way want to play it. If they want to look at hidden attributes then that's up to them.

yeah but surely the whole point of being a manager is not to cheat and ask others but to unearth players yourself with the aid of your scouts and there reports

now fair enough people do come on and ask, which fair enough is only right that people answer there q's with there honest opinions but i think and my point is people are too obsessed with CA/PA ratings.

Talking in CA/PA ratings is a lot easier than saying "Well, yeah, Torres's finishing is 1 better than Player Y, but his creativity is 1 less..."

"High CA" usually implies "good player", which makes it easy to talk in CA. You can simply say CA 170 > CA 140 quite easily. It is then up to the user to decide whether their attributes are still worth it. But it's safe to say that if their CA is high, then they will have most things required to be a good player.

Getting down to the numerical detail of things allows you to analyse the game as well - to see, for example, whether regens are balanced throughout the world over time.

To each their own.

Thing is though, if they were hidden in the editor, you wouldn't be able to edit them, making the editor pointless :D.

Let people play the game the way want to play it. If they want to look at hidden attributes then that's up to them.

but you cant help but know who turns out to have such and such potential when its broadcasted on these forums everyday.

but you cant help but know who turns out to have such and such potential when its broadcasted on these forums everyday.

That's just not true. Player naming is not encouraged in many sections of the forums, except obviously the Data and Good Player sections among others. It's definately not encouraged here in the General Discussion.

But most of the players pointed out on the GD forums are players everyone, except for those who have never followed the game, knows about, e.g. Pato and Torres merntioned in this thread. We know they are in the top 5% worldwide, and that they are all worth buying, if you can. It's usually a comparison between them. If you don't want to know the hidden gems in the game, just don't go into the Good Player and Teams sub-forum, or any other thread with Player naming flagged.

I think that it's a personal thing on how you play the game.

I will use it to judge my youth players every season, and scout decent youngsters at other clubs, sign them and let my coaches and backroom staff do the rest

But thats about it, don't look at it to judge current talent, I go for scouting or searching for the players that fit my system properly.

My apologies but this idea seems like lunacy. You're trying to legislate everybody's game experience so that your own is left intact. I happen to completely agree that playing by hidden stats ruins the realism of the game but I have no problem in ignoring threads that include these stats... well in the main. I don't think the occasional name drop justifies a complete overhaul of the game.

Yeh, this does seem like a bit of a pointless topic. Allow me to rant here.

/rant.

If people want to cheat, let them. The fact is, stats mean everytihng on this game; and it is a game. If somebody KNOWS that player A can turn out amazing, then of course they should buy him over some player who sucks at FM but seems to be good in real life. Yeh, on some saves I never look into PA and CA at all, but the ability to see this is really good and allows us to delve into the game more.

Anyway, I'm 100% sure there are some stats hidden in every editor, Genie Scout, etc.

Archived