The (infuriating) mystery of the disappearing friendlies..

This may belong in the bugs section, and may have been mentioned previously, for which I apologise profusely;)

I have a quite gargantuan reserve squad, thusly, I need to arrange many a friendly during the season to ensure my many backups get a kickabout once in a while. However, constantly, after having a friendly request accepted, I flick to the reserve fixtures section to find it has VANISHED completely. With no sight nor sound remaining.

Reasons for?

This may belong in the bugs section, and may have been mentioned previously, for which I apologise profusely;)

I have a quite gargantuan reserve squad, thusly, I need to arrange many a friendly during the season to ensure my many backups get a kickabout once in a while. However, constantly, after having a friendly request accepted, I flick to the reserve fixtures section to find it has VANISHED completely. With no sight nor sound remaining.

Reasons for?

I do similar but have never noticed this, maybe the reserve fixture clashes with a 1st team game?, and that is a problem? Shouldnt be, but I think clubs do offset all fixtures in real life anyway (youths play sat mornings, etc). Pre-season is not a problem though, just arrange friendly games every 2 days and alternate 1st team / reserves or even mix them up. It works for me.

Hah Misodoctakleidist, that's at least preferable to vanquishing completely.

I don't think that's the case, tiger. I usually (try) to arrange one after a first team game, so the fellows who didn't play can get a reserve game in. I don't seem to recall it happening with pre-season friendlies, not so much at least. It seems particularly prevalent when arranging them within the next 2-3 days, sometimes I don't even get a response accepting or rejecting.

Being that I have a reserve squad of 70+ players, and I try to arrange 2-3 per week (on top of the reserve league games), about 50% disappear completely, another 50% are rejected (be nifty if there was a reason included with those), you can imagine the level of irritation this raises within one.:) In-house friendlies tend not to disappear so repletely, but having too many of those completely knackers your home pitch up - something which took me 2 seasons to discover.:(

Arranging friendlies itself is already frustrating if you ask me. For some reason 80-90% of the teams I propose for a friendly turn me down. If it was quicker to select a team for a friendly this would be a smaller issue already, but why not remove the whole "turned down friendly" situation? What's the point in having a friendly turned down... I know in some situations a realistic behavior is desired, but in case of arranging friendlies it just seems annoying to me and not adding any benefit.

Arranging friendlies itself is already frustrating if you ask me. For some reason 80-90% of the teams I propose for a friendly turn me down. If it was quicker to select a team for a friendly this would be a smaller issue already, but why not remove the whole "turned down friendly" situation? What's the point in having a friendly turned down... I know in some situations a realistic behavior is desired, but in case of arranging friendlies it just seems annoying to me and not adding any benefit.

It would be unrealistic to have every friendly request accepted. You have to take into account the friendly's that the team you choose have already got arranged.

Plus, if you arrange a friendly prior to a teams fixtures being decided, then a league or cup match may fall on that specific date.

Also, if you ever manage lower league teams, you'd know that friendly's are an important revenue stream. If every team accepted friendly proposals, you could arrange 5 matches in against Real Madrid and take in the ticket sales.

We need a filter perhaps, "Available for Friendly" & "Filter out unrealistic targets"

That would help.

We need a filter perhaps, "Available for Friendly" & "Filter out unrealistic targets"

That would help.

Brilliant. Why didnt I think of that....

I have spent hours traling through the Prem clubs to arrange friendlies for my Conference/Lower League teams in order to raise revenue, only to have every fixture rejected.

Some sort of filter or at least a quick way of knowing if they have any available dates to arrange a fixture would be great.

This is an old bug reported every year and never fixed. I also like to arrange a few friendlies usually between my reserves and u18 since the interface is too complicated to arrange it against a club.

There should be a way of telling your assman to arrange friendlies if there are no games played.

@108: Fair points, however I was merely stating that it shouldn't be so difficult to arrange successful friendlies. I realize it might have sounded different, but I agree with most of your points. I just don't think it should be such a lottery whether or not any of your proposed friendlies will be accepted. And on a side note, I nearly always play lower leagues ;)

@tigerhgrrrrrr: That would be a great solution!

Archived