Worried players all of a sudden

Abs_UK

I had 3 sendings off in 2 games.

1 player sent off twice, i warned him first time around, and the second one i appealed becuse the commentry said it was harsh (did not win the apeal and the player got 2 games extra ban)

second player i also warned. i did think i missed any.

In all my management in CM/FMs i have never seen this message for myself. First time for everything i guess.

The way i do it normally is:

1st sending off - Warning

2nd sending off - Fine 1 weeks wages

3rd sending off - Fine 2 weeks wages (have not had any players get sent off 3 times in a season)

Or if the sending off is for violent behaviour then its straight 2 weeks fine.

Oh well have to live with it and move on, lets see how long it takes before they become happy players again.

Well, same for me. I don't think your players will ever be happy again.

in my first season with liverpool, we just scraped 4th and played ****, all the players were unhappy and said i lacked discipline, in the 2nd season i was leading the way after about 15 games and everyone was happy, i then lost 5 in a row (somehow?!) and slipped to 4th.. now they are all unhappy with poor morales lol... u cant win in this game it sucks.

What about team talks and/or press conferences?

Have you been (unusually) indulgent on the team or on single players after unconvincing games?

Team talks I am always trying to encourage my players at all times, only time i use disappointed is in homes games when i am a big fav to win and the players are not performing.

Press conferences I always leave it to the Ass man, surely what he says will not reflect on me?

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me.

I didn't fine/warn my full back after he was sent off and my GK got the 'slight concern: lack of managerial discipline' message. I just offered him a new contract and it went away. His personality is professional, don't know if that's why he got miffed.

Also he is my vice captain and one of only three key players in my squad. I think these factors could be responsible for why he reacted to my oversight.

Still, new contract: problem solved, he didn't even want a pay raise...

Archived