2nd Season Underperforming

Hi all, long time player, 1st time poster and hoping someone out there can really help me out.

I started a season as Ipswich Town (2009 version) and while enjoying second spot for most of the season found myself dropping into the Championship play-offs at 5th place [played 46, won 29, drawn 11, lost 6, pts=98]. After failing to win I was raring to go and improve in my second season in charge.

Now here's the problem! 11 games in and i've lost 5, drawn 5 and won only once. Why am I finding my second season so difficult? My players have improved, my team is stronger and I'm doing *****.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

(my lil bro had a similar problem with Valencia winning the league amd european title in his first season and finishing 14th in his second)

Thanks in advance,

K#1

I always have a problem with my players "gelling" after singing multiple new players. It usually takes a good half season or so for my new squad to be performing at its best. Maybe give your new signings a chance to settle down.

And like Cougar said, the AI might be reacting to your own tactics. Try changing your tactics a bit and see if it helps.

Neji- No, on my previos saved game I signed better players in my second season and it disrupted my teams harmony and things went down hill for 2 ongoing seasons. Thought i'd do better sticking with my originals this time round, did change my tactics a little though. Pre-season was ok, Beat Fulham (PL) 2-0, lost to Peterbourgh (promoted from L1) 3-2

AcidBurn- As above, but have no made some bids and have to wait till January 2010 window to get them.

Cougar2010- Hmmm, in that case what should I be doing? Play defensive myself?

Cougar2010- Hmmm, in that case what should I be doing? Play defensive myself?

The only thing you can do there is to change your tactics to exploit their weaknesses, and I would suggest tightening up at the back a bit, 5 losses after 11 games is a bit worrying, although not the end of the world at Division 1 level.

Archived