FM10-Director of football

What i would reli like to see in the new football manager is the influence of the director of football..........i think it would be effective if the manager/coach( you) were simly able to request a signing from the DoF(using some sort ov criteria system) and he uses his contacts to look all over the world for an ideal signing which he then puts forward to the manager and we are then able to accept the player or reject him .

This idea may have already been posted and if so ..... my bad but i would like to here any ov you suggestions as to how to change the DoF from being just a name on the staff page to a more real life concept.

What i would reli like to see in the new football manager is the influence of the director of football..........i think it would be effective if the manager/coach( you) were simly able to request a signing from the DoF(using some sort ov criteria system) and he uses his contacts to look all over the world for an ideal signing which he then puts forward to the manager and we are then able to accept the player or reject him .

This idea may have already been posted and if so ..... my bad but i would like to here any ov you suggestions as to how to change the DoF from being just a name on the staff page to a more real life concept.

I think it is workable in a similar way as teamtalks, arranging friendlies and control reserve teams are. Could be a simple tick icon in the options of your club. Control transfer negotiation...tick or untick. If unticked we could give the Director of football a list of targets and he can go all out to get one. As for contract negotiation, well it already happens with the reserve and U18 teams as you can choose to let your assistant handle contract negotiations. Perhaps not that difficult in put into the game, but too late for FM10

I like the idea, but it'd definitely have to be an option like attribute masking is.

So many people complain on here about how their Chairman sold their best players. If this was implemented as a no option type thing then I fear that someone at SI will be lynched.

I think it should only be in the game where its already a feature so for example if your managing in Britain then you shouldn't really have this as a feature since clubs generally dont have a director of football. However I think its acceptable to have this feature if your managing in contries like Spain where they are more common.

I agree DOF should be implenented in the game and we should be able to tick or untick it. While its almost a trend now that most teams have a DOF and buy sell players and managers nowadays dun have the final say on who they want. ie Even Jose Mourinho cant get Deco against his wish. But to avoid taking the enjoyment out of the game we should be able to choose if we want a DOF to interfere things.

i thing that the DOF could give you his opinion about which player is better for the team. Yes, i want in fm2010 to have relationship with chairman and the other staff "upper" the manager. I hope that my wishes could be true 30th october. :D

Isnt the whole essence of FM that you are indeed the manager of a footballclub in a Ferguson kind of way. So complete control over everything? Why implement something, that you allready are? Bidding on players is the most fun thing in FM imo, why take that away.....

Isnt the whole essence of FM that you are indeed the manager of a footballclub in a Ferguson kind of way. So complete control over everything? Why implement something, that you allready are? Bidding on players is the most fun thing in FM imo, why take that away.....

Indeed.

I think this is one of those times where fun has to be put before realism. For me, at least, having full control of the players brought in and shipped out is the best part of the game.

I also like being able to try harder to sign players ie upping wages and appearence fees etc to make sure I don't miss out on a player. If the DoF was in charge of this, I may miss out and the total lack of power to do anything about it would just frustrate me.

Is the fun not also testing your skills, Having a DOF at Notts Co right now is no bad thing and you would be happy as larry, Portsmouth on the other hand would be bad but surely the fun of FM is dealing with situations, if your not happy at a club who bring in a DOF you could always walk and look for another job.

Good Idea I say!!

Archived