Steam

I think what the opening poster is trying to ask is will FM10 need to be authenticated via things like Steam, or will it return to the days when you just needed to insert the disc to play.

Although nothing has been said yet by SI or Sega I'm assuming some form of DRM will again be used.

Steam authentication was never mandatory in FM09. After first time activation I created a shortcut of fm.exe at desktop and used that to launch the application.

i bought the FM09 through Amazon few months ago and it came as part of Steam.

this program is anoying. i cant see the files and i cant login while im offline.

anybody knows how to pull FM09 out of steam??

You can see the files, it's under steam, steam apps, common, football manager.

Don't quite understand what you mean you can't log in when offline, since steam has an offline mode, which works for FM since FM doesn't use the internet after activation.

Finally, 2 ways to pull out of steam. 1, buy a hard copy and register via uniloc. 2, install FM through steam, copy the files (see first line to find files) to another place and uninstall steam.

Hope that helps.

You can see the files, it's under steam, steam apps, common, football manager.

Don't quite understand what you mean you can't log in when offline, since steam has an offline mode, which works for FM since FM doesn't use the internet after activation.

Finally, 2 ways to pull out of steam. 1, buy a hard copy and register via uniloc. 2, install FM through steam, copy the files (see first line to find files) to another place and uninstall steam.

Hope that helps.

Just to add to this that you can play FM without Steam running as well without uninstalling it or doing anything like that. Go the FM files as mentioned above and launch the game via the fm.exe file. You can also a create desktop shortcut to this as well if you want.

i bought the FM09 through Amazon few months ago and it came as part of Steam.

this program is anoying. i cant see the files and i cant login while im offline.

anybody knows how to pull FM09 out of steam??

Go here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=107986

Download the digital installer, its updated to the 9.3.0 patch.

Now, open Steam and go to 'My Games' tab. Right click on Football Manager 2009 then click on View Serial Key (or something like that). Copy this serial key to a notepad and save it for future use.

Uninstall Steam, football manager etc. from your system forever.

Run the digital installer and install the game anywhere you wish.

Start the game and activate it using the serial key you got from Steam.

Voila! now steam is not required anymore whether you're online or offline.

:thup:

Archived