fm 09 Injury problems :(

injures are pretty the down fall of football manager 09

i am having a difficult season because of injures

i had a Important match i had to win to go top place but i drew because of my 1st team players injured :( really angry they all important players as well they start for my team

have you drew or lost because of injury problems?

qnjpdu.jpg

I personally have no problems with injuries (outside of a match) in 9.0.3. I think that the balance is pretty much spot on and in some case's there seems to be very little mid to long injury lay-offs. The only problem I have is the amount of knocks / injuries sustained in a match. It seems that in most of the matches I play I will have a player with a knock. Seven times out of ten these players will not have an injury post match.

I find this to be very frustrating and very un-realistic. You don't see the same amount of players brought off though injury or for that matter teams playing with 10 or 9 men because of it in real life. Hope this is reviewed for FM10.

Did you patch your game in the middle of a season? Have you finished that season yet?

Sometimes it takes to the end of the season, in which you patch, for the changes to be noticeable. Like I say, season two saw a major improvement in my save.

nope this is a new game with the new patch

It seems that in most of the matches I play I will have a player with a knock. Seven times out of ten these players will not have an injury post match.

I assume that's a guess. Otherwise, imo a lot of games do have players who take a knock and bringing them off so as to avoid actual injury (i.e. no injury after the match) is perfectly realistic.

Fmo, give it a season, it should improve.

Elrithral Please i need advice oh my days i was 1st when i had no injures now im 2nd with 3 points away from 1st i need help:@ stupid injures

i had to get a guy from my reserve team to play and he played BAD and guess what i got another injury from my best left back hes out for 6 flipping weeks

149cth4.jpg

I assume that's a guess. Otherwise, imo a lot of games do have players who take a knock and bringing them off so as to avoid actual injury (i.e. no injury after the match) is perfectly realistic.

Fmo, give it a season, it should improve.

Total guess, yes, but I think it is pretty much about right for my games. I wasn't trying to suggest that 'no injury after the match' wasn't realistic, and knocks do happen a lot in real life. Just think it is a bit to much in FM esspecially Injuries.

Elrithral Please i need advice oh my days i was 1st when i had no injures now im 2nd with 3 points away from 1st i need help:@ stupid injures

i had to get a guy from my reserve team to play and he played BAD

149cth4.jpg

I do feel for you, but injuries to this extent do happen in real life especially if you have a small squad. Look at Spurs at the start of the season - Dawson, King and Woodgate all out injured and all CB.

I do feel for you, but injuries to this extent do happen in real life especially if you have a small squad. Look at Spurs at the start of the season - Dawson, King and Woodgate all out injured and all CB.

hmm yeah your right

just thinking what to do now with my team i dont know how long we can hold this for :(

I find this to be very frustrating and very un-realistic. You don't see the same amount of players brought off though injury or for that matter teams playing with 10 or 9 men because of it in real life. Hope this is reviewed for FM10.

...Because the players are kept on the field irl? You can't really just say it's unrealistic without any sort of backing. You don't have stats on how many players get knocks in matches. I would argue that it's actually quite in line with the numbers you see in FM, at least from following my team irl. Almost every match there is at least one player that got some bruised shin or muscle strain.

...Because the players are kept on the field irl? You can't really just say it's unrealistic without any sort of backing. You don't have stats on how many players get knocks in matches. I would argue that it's actually quite in line with the numbers you see in FM, at least from following my team irl. Almost every match there is at least one player that got some bruised shin or muscle strain.

i know but come on i got 7 players injured starting players that would play in big matchs all for four weeks except one that's for 6 weeks and i cant buy anyone because i have no wage money left

come on that's hell for a manager looking to win the league

i know but come on i got 7 players injured starting players that would play in big matchs all for four weeks except one that's for 6 weeks and i cant buy anyone because i have no wage money left

I wasn't commenting on your case, but the user that was complaining about having a player with a knock every match. In your case it is bad luck but it does happen irl. You just have to ride it out.

You are correct I don't have any stats to hand, I did try to best explain my point from my own experience. You then say "I would argue that it's actually quite in line with the numbers you see in FM, at least from following my team irl" where are your stats?

I was simply trying to share my views, and think I have a valid point. I think the amount of 'knocks' in a game is a little bit too high, not a lot and like you say it does happen. My main point was the amount of injuries which results in the player leaving the field.

You are correct I don't have any stats to hand, I did try to best explain my point from my own experience. You then say "I would argue that it's actually quite in line with the numbers you see in FM, at least from following my team irl" where are your stats?

I was simply trying to share my views, and think I have a valid point. I think the amount of 'knocks' in a game is a little bit too high, not a lot and like you say it does happen. My main point was the amount of injuries which results in the player leaving the field.

You seem to imply that you get a lot of knocks where you are forced to substitute a player.

The only time you are forced to do this are red crosses and even then they aren't always injuries after the game.

You do not always have to make subs for a green cross and its not always an injury after the game.

as for the OP:

I get injuries, sometimes not many, sometimes a lot but I deal with it and move on.

Has it cost me a game, probably - the other night I was playing Spurs in the League Cup Qtr finals and I had 8 of my first team squad out injured. I lost 2-0, would I have lost anyway, maybe.

You seem to imply that you get a lot of knocks where you are forced to substitute a player.

The only time you are forced to do this are red crosses and even then they aren't always injuries after the game.

You do not always have to make subs for a green cross and its not always an injury after the game.

Yes I am aware of this, that was not my point.

What's your training like? At a club with bad coaches, facilities, physios you have to be careful not to train your plaeyrs too hard - especially in strength and aerobic.

They don't just pick up more injuries in training if you do that, they get injuries in matches too - at least in my experience.

oh yh i got the latest patch

they injures for 3-4 weeks its not like days becusae i have 1 medical staff and hes poor in stats

The fact that you have staff with poor stats might be your problem. Try and get a physio (or preferably 2) with better stats and improve your facilities as soon as finances permit. I think its also a good idea to have a couple of fitness coaches in your backroom staff. Finally think about your tactics and dont go for hard tackling.

I have to agree with the OP. The first few seasons on latest patch no problems, but after about 5/6 years, ingame injuries got absolutley stupid - it was like the AI didn't know any other way to stop me winning. Also I know irl have a few, but I regularly get 2 or 3 players taken of the pitch every game.

Archived