*sigh* my chairman sucks..

I'm currently managing Leeds and I have got all the way to the championship and i currently lie on 3rd place. My club has recently been sold...I used the in-game editor before for my transfer budget and all that but once the new owner came in, he used all that money into the debts and stuff. Now i have 0 transfer budget and i'm not in charge of any transfers. my best DM was sold without my permission...OMG so frustrating

Should i use the editor to get more money? I like to just use the editor in the beginning for transfer budgets, but now it's getting annoying.

You shouldn't use it even before. If you will use it again, you won't be enjoying your game.

Not true. Many people use Real time editors for their games and enjoy it massively. As the saying goes "it's your game, play it as you wish"... I don't use one myself fwiw.

To the OP - if you're desperate, then do as you wish (nobody will ever know ;))

The decision is yours to make regarding your transfer budget dilemma and I guess the answer to your question lies in what you want to get out of your game. If you prefer a tough challenge and the satisfaction of bringing success to your club despite limited funds and an interfering chairman is your thing, then you should just take it on the chin and persevere with the conditions you find yourself faced with in the course of the game. If on the other hand, you prefer the idea of building a 'super team' with unlimited resources at your disposal then if I were you I'd give myself a huge transfer budget and also reduce the chairman of the club's interference rating to 1 so you don't find the same thing happens again later on.

So far, I have bought many kids with bright futures and many excellent older players.

I have removed a small portion of the debts. Also, due to the debts and the unprofessional board, we were docked 10 points...sigh.

Anyways, I will continue without a transfer budget and how long do you think it will take until i get a new chairman?

TO JIMMY:

I have enjoyed my great game with the editor!! i don't overruse it or anything like that.

If you want to bring in a lot of money, just add an extra manager as man city and buy your crappest player for £20million, then retire it. You probably wont get all the money but you'll have a good wedge left over to with as you like.

Don't worry if anybody judges you, it's your game to play how you like, so long as you are having fun is all that matters ;)

sorry for the double post, but

Will my debts and transfer budgets be solved if i somehow get promoted and win all the cups? (including EURO)

not necessarily. But it will go along way to you're finances

As someone said, Its your game and play as you wish. You can use the FMRTE to tweak the finances a bit and then ignore the editor for the rest of your life if you dont want to edit more. You wont be labeled a cheat or something for that.

As someone said, Its your game and play as you wish. You can use the FMRTE to tweak the finances a bit and then ignore the editor for the rest of your life if you dont want to edit more. You wont be labeled a cheat or something for that.

Actually, that is cheating! However, it is your game and you are free to do anything you want, even if you are (ugh) managing Leeds.

jaysus. Why not go the whole hog and just give yourself the Barca team and put them on £100 a week contracts for the next 10 years?

Just what i was thinking.........Whats the point ffs.........Its tough **** deal with it..............do you save your game before every match aswell just incase you get beat?

Just what i was thinking.........Whats the point ffs.........Its tough **** deal with it..............do you save your game before every match aswell just incase you get beat?

Do you really care about how someone else plays the game?

do you save your game before every match aswell just incase you get beat?

That's another great idea! Christ, at this rate with the tricks this thread is teaching me, I may never lose a match again. Thanks :thup:

Lol I do save the game before every match, but thats only because my pc is unstable and I dont wanna go on playing an unsaved game for 20 ingame days just to have the pc restart on its own accord and me breaking down in tears. And I rarely lose anyways, so I dont have to resort to playing it again. Though I do it in rare cases when I feel that the loss was unjust.

Lol I dont recall myself winning unjustly. And as I said, its only rare that I lose and even more rare that I lose unjustly. And that hasnt happened to me in FM 09 yet. Did happen a couple times in the older versions.

Archived