Player Specific Instructions

Hello , surley this has been suggested before , but just in case -

On the tatics screen, you can do team instructions, and then individual player instructions for each position. It would be better if you had the option to adjust these player instructions to the actual player, not the position on the pitch.

For example you may have 2 right wingers, one who is quicker , has more stamina and creativity. The other one not as technically gifted , but has good defensive stats, and can be used if the other is unavailable. You would want these two players to behave differently in that RW position. The first, getting forward more, letting him have more creative freedom etc. The other you would want holding back a bit more , sticking to what he is told, putting a shift in for the team.

Instead of having to adjust the sliders each time a different one plays, having them set up to do what you want that individual to do automatically each time you pick him would make life so much easier, and would add a lot more to the game tatically. You could even have a check box to turn thier individual instructions on or off, say at the start you want a player to act as part of a team framework, but if things are not going well, tick the box and let him loose, doing things differently. It would really add to the speed of the game tatically, maybe it would help people get into that side of the game more, as adjusting the player instructions the way it is now can be so time consuming it puts people off doing it at all.

Im hoping I have made that clear. Now just want to say thanks to the people who make this game, I started my addiction with Championship Manager Italia on the Amiga in 1995 . At the age of 31, I show no signs of being able to give it up.

Absolutely, I agree. I would like to see this too.

Some wingers are fast and good crossers of the ball, so you want them to sprint to the byline and swing a cross in. But the other winger might be a bit slower, not as good at dribbling, but his creativity, passing and flair could be really high, so you would prefer they try a through ball rather than running the ball to the byline.

It's very tedious to set up the individual players instructions.

Absolutely, I agree. I would like to see this too.

Some wingers are fast and good crossers of the ball, so you want them to sprint to the byline and swing a cross in. But the other winger might be a bit slower, not as good at dribbling, but his creativity, passing and flair could be really high, so you would prefer they try a through ball rather than running the ball to the byline.

It's very tedious to set up the individual players instructions.

In addition to what has been said above, a winger with a good workrate & stamina (like a Park Ji Sung) would be able to track back and close down in their own half, whereas C.Ronaldo would need to stay further up the field.

I have several tactic files which are suited to different players - I often rotate my wingers and full-backs more so than any other position. For instance, I have two main tactics: a 'First Team' tactic which includes my best attacking midfield - and another called 'Second string' which gives slightly more freedom to use their young energy.

I also have a mixed tactic which covers the possibility of having first teamers with some younger (quicker) players. This covers about 70-80% of my general selection. I try not to allow my squad to grow too large based on the fact it increase the possibility of having to change individual player tactics more often.

It may be a little time-consuming to set up separate tactics to cover your squad but it may be something you wish to consider. I can totally understand what you're saying, though.

I said it was tedious, meaning boring and time consuming :D

Perhaps a better way would be to have a contextual menu for your players, right click them on the match screen, get a pop up window with sliders for specific tasks.

I would be able to whiz around my team setting up player specifics with something like that.

This has been mentioned many times before and will , I am sure, be under consideration for future versions.

Yeah it has. And it's been that reply for a long, long time. "Certainly be under consideration". It's just too bad that they can't decide in that case.

I don't mean that you're the one saying that , FrazT. Not having a go at you, in case you misunderstand my point :D

But it's been under consideration for a few years now.

No offence taken-:)

We, the community, can make suggestions and ask for features and I know that SI look and listen. Clearly it is their decision if a feature is first of all worth it, then practical to implement.

This I know has been on their list for a while, so has probably got past the "worth it" stage. We will have to wait and see if it makes FM10

I like this idea because it would cure the player swap problem I have.

When managing smaller clubs I tend to use a Target Man when possible, but I can't have him swap with the other striker because his individual instructions don't swap with him.

Thanks for the replies. It seems such a simple fix, that could open up the game in such a big way. Popular too, to the extent that people have found ways to get it into thier game with a little tinkering. Although I agree, it should be in the game as a simple add on.

Unfortunatly, looking at the posts for FM 10 , it seems this may have been overlooked again as there is all sorts of new strategy/tactics included. Or has it?

Any chance of a reply S.I?

Archived