Congested??Wonder what Wenger & Ferguson would say about this?

yeh thats pretty bad, its annoying when the games matter and you team's condition is right down in the 70-80%'s.

I am managing Derry City in the Irish premier league, last season after a good run in the UEFA cup, it left me about 6 games behind the rest of the league. Thus resulted in about a run of 2/3 weeks at the end of the season with a game every 3 days! Results did suffer lol

The only advice i could give is try and swap your team around more, make use back up players.

Yeh but its at the most crucial part of the season in the uefa cup, fa cup and league.

Also doesn't help that i just beat man utd 4-2 in EXTRA time, so thats an extra 30 mins my team had to play!

Lol and now in the middle of my next game against sundrland the following day and my back up centre mid has just been injured :(

Lol and the player i just subbed him off for has alos just been injured to 40 condition :(

a third midfielder injured at 26% and my right winger walcott at 50% after being lightly injured

and 1 - 0 down :(

2-0 down it finishes :( all my players are knackered

In my first season with Man Utd, I finished it mid-June, played FA Cup Final on June 13th. And during the whole season I had congested schedule. I think it's due to my involment in World Club Cup. Because of it all the fixtures afterwards have been re-arranged. It certainily shouldn't be like that. IRL Man Utd played all in all this competitions and they again finished season at the end of May, even if they have played FA Cup Final, they would have finished it on May 31th. IMO this should be fixed...

You can get really bad fixture congestion in Northern Ireland if you take a team to the latter stages of the Champions League, simply because the league structure is not designed to cope with it since the chances of it happening are so small.

With FM07 I once had five games in five days with Kilmore Rec :(

I get this in games i've played in the League of Ireland. It's made worse if i qualify for the group stages of europe. I play as Cork City so i also have to play in the Munster Senior cup which is a regional competition which most of ther other irish sides don't have to play in which makes things even harder for me.

I don't see the issue tbh - if you don't have a squad to cope with the number of games adequately then prioritise the competitions in order of importance.

In your situation I'd ensure I had my top team out for the Euro Cup, as many as possible for the FA Cup and rest top players in the league matches.

Could walk away with 2 trophies with that strategy :thup:

I guess in situations like that you have to ask yourself which cup you want most because it's unlikely you'll win them all. Unless of course you have 2-3 world-class players in every position. :D

Actually i managed to win 'em all since I had, let's say 'two teams' to rotate. I also had a good tactic, which I have posted and noone wants to use it :D

Archived