The void between season start and FM2010

So the Football season is upon us again....

With Fm2010 we wait the opportunity to play our favoured teams from the season start.

However having spent the weekend watching the football league get under way i am left feeling i want to play from the current season but must wait several months before the new game is released.

There are a few good people on here who have spent time changing the databases with the promotion, relegation, manager and player movements it is still as 2008-09.

I understand that the game is hard coded to stop us from changing it to 09-10. We are left with the question Why?

Yes i understand that SI could say they are protecting future games but i just dont see this. If i could start an FM09 game from the new season 09-10 it would not stop me from buying Fm10 when it is released. But it would give me and many others the opportunity to play a new game. SI rightly so will be working on fm10 and havent time to do an update for us to play fm09, but there are people on here that could.

Be good to hear peoples thoughts................

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Presuming there are no major problems I'll purchase FM10 later in the year and start to play it seriously around January.

Same here, I just cannot getting into a lengthy game then only to realise certain tweaks are being made for a new patch and data update a few months later.

January onwards is when I'll get it.

Little tip:

Get one of the latest data updates and start a new game with it. Choose a league that starts in February 09 and disable transfer budgets for the first window. Holiday to whatever month you want to start in and you will have the latest squads at a later date.

Not the ideal way of doing it but it works :)

Archived