Sacked

Does anyone know why this has happened? I am currently York city . Took me two seasons to get them into CCL2, another two to get them into CCL1, narrowly missed out on a playoff place in first season and lost in playoff final in second. Now in third I am not doing as well and have just been sacked.

I do not think this is justified as we are only 12 games in, a quarter of the whole league games, even premier league managers get more of a chance than this. I do not think we are actually doing that badly sitting 19th with 3 wins 2 draws and 7 losses. I have had some injuries, the game that got me sacked was against gillingham sitting comfortably first and before that I managed a 4-0 win. Does anyone not think this is unrealistic especially considering what I have done for them or are there some hidden stats of my chairman which makes it like this?

Each Chairman is different and so the York one could be the new Mike Ashley ;) you just never know. Also you've raised the bar yourself by getting them that far. What was the minimum expectations for your season. I remember Barry Fry got Birmingham promoted from the Second Division (we won it - pretty comfortably) and then got sacked because we were mid-table in the First Division. Fans were outraged!!!

I think it would be more helpful if you told us what your boards expectations were. Out of interest were you taken over by someone else and you managed to miss this announcement? Sacking for no obvious reason can sometimes happen after a takeover so maybe this is whats happened in your case.

I think you've been a victim of your own success. It may be a little harsh after the work you've done but they obviously feel they should be challenging for those play-off spots and 19th is pretty poor in that regard.

I took over Milan with a rotting squad of 35 year olds, and I was only 7 points from first when sacked late January.

I brought in about 6-7 players and was doing fairly well. I lost to Inter and Udinese back to back and was told to pack my bags.

In my opinion, a Kaka-less Milan should expect a 5-7th spot in real life. They have a horrible side at the moment. :D

Archived