Injuries during matches

It's started to bother me how many injuries I get during matches now. Very rarely they are those injuries that force the player to come off - however if your player gets one of these "slight" injuries and his condition sinks to like 60-70%, of course you need to sub him? I mean who's gonna keep a crippled player on the pitch and risk him getting even worse injury, not to mention that he's obviously not performing his best when his condition is so slow... Anyway I thought that maybe I'm just imagining this, so I kept book of these for a few matches:

Fulham H: 2

Pompey H: 0

HSV H: 1

Watford A: 1

Fulham A: 3

West Ham H: 0

CSKA Moscow A: 1

Middlesbrough A: 2

Newcastle H: 2

Inter A: 4

Liverpool A: 3

Arsenal A: 3

That's almoust 2 injuries per match - and remember that these are just injuries for MY team, the other team gets them too. Is this really realistic? Very often the first injury comes like after 1-5 minutes of play too, which is ****ing annoying as practically you start the match with 2 subtitutions in a case like that... and you need those precious subtitutions in this game!

Nice table.

Injuries depend also on your training schedule and match fitness. Heavy train load causes more injuries both in training and in matches.

Fitness is another attribute that's connected with injuries - when playing with fitness of 60-70 then it's much more likely that player will pick up an injury than fitness of 80-90.

I don't sub my knocked players when they have green cross, but fitness still above 80 in the game. In that case it's mostly a slight injury that won't be even reported by physio after the game or player is just sidelined for couple of days max. But If his fitness drops after knock then it's better to replace him.

Also you have to consider importance of the game, scoreboard and substitutions. It might happen that you don't have any decent subs to this position or the player is playing actually well despite of knock (e.g. is motivated etc.) and when it's important game it's better to let him play all 90 minutes, just accept the fact that he'll be sidelined for next week (perhaps there's weaker opponent next week, perhaps there's 2 weeks of break for internationals coming etc.). It's kind of a same choice as giving your player injection and asking him to play, only he might be upset because of injection but won't be upset because you didn't sub him.

Both. Basically when a commentator says that the player has taken a knock, and his condition drops dramatically.

Draakon: Are you saying that it doesn't affect the players performance when his condition is like 60%? o_O

Well without a green cross its not really an injury, his condition drops initially but it will recover although you may need to sub him late on if he is doing a lot of work.

Even with a green cross he has picked up a knock but can still play, his condition may even recover somewhat. There is no need to sub him immediately although I tend to keep an eye on these players and see what happens. You can also look at the player page to get an idea of the injury (arm, leg, head, groin, knee etc).

Yes his condition will have an effect on his overall performance & yes the figures in your table look fairly normal to me.

Both. Basically when a commentator says that the player has taken a knock, and his condition drops dramatically.

Draakon: Are you saying that it doesn't affect the players performance when his condition is like 60%? o_O

It does affect, but if player is playing with good motivation and confidence and he also has better attributes than his substitution (who might play nervously or complacent) then 60% player may still be better for your team.

players pick up knocks all the time in matches. its just that we dont hear about it because it doesn't really affect their ability to play.

and just because a player drops to 60% stamina doesn't mean they cant come back to a reasonable level after awhile. the simulation of a player 'running off an injury'.

Archived