[Suggestions]My thoughts and considerations

1. MANAGER DETAILS

1. Manager birthplace and/or region

Upon creating a new manager, the player is asked to specify a place of birth. This could be done using the existing database of football clubs and their respective cities and towns. Alternatively, a number of regions (provinces) and cities could be specified for each nation.

This place of birth can be used as extra information in the media. If I’m a manager born in Liverpool, a transfer to Liverpool F.C. might be mentioned in the media as: “the 46-year-old manager will be returning to his home town to coach Liverpool F.C.” or “the Liverpool-born manager will be coaching the football club of his home town.”

2. More use of favourite clubs in media

It would be nice to see more information on the manager’s favourite club. If it is rumoured that I’ll be signing with AFC Ajax, which happens to be my favourite club, I would like to see something like “the manager could be signing for his favourite club in the coming days”. This could also be used for more in-depth questions in interviews.

3. First club of manager

The manager can specify his previous career by choosing from options like ‘international player’ and ‘Sunday league amateur’. It would be nice to be able to be able to specify which team was the first team you played for. This could be used in interviews and newspaper items.

4. Favourite personnel

It would be interesting to be able to specify your favourite personnel. This could be used while negotiating a contract with another club, see also the next section. Also, more focus should be put on this aspect of the game. It is too difficult to become a club icon, in my opinion. Winning the Champions League twice when it was deemed absolutely impossible at the start of the first season should be enough to win the fans’ acclaim and become a club icon.

2. SIGNING WITH A CLUB

1. I would like some more options when signing with a new club. It would be interesting to make demands when it comes to transfer and wage budgets, ambitions and personnel. In real life, managers regularly take their assistants with them when moving clubs. It would be interesting to make a demand that ‘assistant-manager X’ and ‘assistant-manager Y’ be signed to the new club as well. Depending on the quality of the assistant manager, the club’s planning and policies, the demand is accepted or rejected. Also, it should be possible to tell the club to try and sign a player from your current club. Based on the current team, the ability of the demanded player, expected transfer price and the club’s budget and club policy, the demand is either rejected or accepted. Multi-person moves should also strengthen the bond between the manager, the assistant-managers and the players involved.

3. TRANSFERRING PLAYERS

1. It would be interesting to be able to suggest a ‘sale-and-loan’-transfer in which the player is sold to another club, but is loaned back to the selling club for a season or less. This happens in real life and would be interesting to implement in FM, since it’s particularly useful for landing young future stars.

More will come along the way.

1. I like these ideas and more development of this part of management is required. The favoured personnel idea would need to be implemented in a way that can't be abused - i.e. that the option for which players to choose should evolve through in game mechanisms.

2. Another good idea and i would like to be able to choose certain backroom staff with me. I'm not so sure about demanding players to be signed because that is essentially down to you anyway, and its not something that happens much irl.

3. This would be a very useful and realistic option especially if you are a smaller club or the player is relatively young.

Overall some very good ideas :thup:

I'm not so sure about demanding players to be signed because that is essentially down to you anyway, and its not something that happens much irl.

That's true, you could always sign the player once you're in charge. The media could however mention this fact by saying something like "Player-X reunited with former coach Manager-Y".

And thank you for the kind words, everyone.

Yeah these would be great. I'd love to even be able to add a history of all the clubs I might have played for in my player days (optional of course), so it can then use that list whenever I'm linked with one of those clubs. More than one favourite club would also be great, as a fair few people tend to have several spread across different countries (myself for example support Aberdeen and Man Utd, but also have an inkling towards Toronto FC because of family living near there).

The more expansion that goes on with regards to manager profiles etc the better in my view, the personal touch helps you feel more loved by the game.

"On similar lines i wouldn't mind being able to select maybe up to three favourite clubs at the start as well as add them as the game goes on if you have success managing them."

Is there anyone out there who has three favourite clubs, I have two, Millwall and Millwall reserves.

"On similar lines i wouldn't mind being able to select maybe up to three favourite clubs at the start as well as add them as the game goes on if you have success managing them."

Is there anyone out there who has three favourite clubs, I have two, Millwall and Millwall reserves.

You know i never knew Millwall had a big fanbase in Suffolk.

Anyway its not neccessarily who you support, it's the club(s) you like. Have a look at the variety in this thread.

3. TRANSFERRING PLAYERS

1. It would be interesting to be able to suggest a ‘sale-and-loan’-transfer in which the player is sold to another club, but is loaned back to the selling club for a season or less. This happens in real life and would be interesting to implement in FM, since it’s particularly useful for landing young future stars.

What I do sometimes is buy a player and arrange for the transfer to go through "end of season" instead of immediately. This can simulate no. 3.

Archived