FM08...better than 09?

After much frustration with FM09 (dont get me wrong i do love 09!) I decided to go back and start a new game on 08. Almost straight away I really got into the game and im really in to the game I've started.

Has anyone else gone back to FM08 and really enjoyed it? Maybe more so that FM09?

This happens every year.

People get frustated and turn to the previous year's version and then hail it as some sort of amazing game. This has happened before, and it will not happen again.

I remember even saying around this time last year something similar to this about a very similar comment.

I like 09 more because tactics are very important I found 08 too easy.

I did have an amazing team though in 08. I kept on winning repeatedly and had accumulated so much money because I don't tend to spend that much on players. The season I got bored of the game I bought Messi and Fabregas for the hell of it. I already had really good players plus 3 AMAZING regens. One of which had 10 for pace and acceleration but the little Italian scored so consistently it was ridiculous.

IMO, no! 09 is far superior now than 08 was. Maybe its because i've 'got into' a decent save thats kept my attention. 08 was good whilst it was around, but 09 is here now and its time to move on....... for me anyway.

Despite my original post i do like FM09 and I am 'in to' a save on there which I enjoy but I needed a little distraction and decided to go back to FM08.

I think people may have me wrong here, Im not stating that 08 is better than 09, Im asking peoples opinions if they believe 08 is better than 09 or vice versa

I've never gone back to a previous version once a new game has released, it just doesn't feel right, even if I thought the previous version was better.

FM09 has gripped me far more than FM08 ever did anyway, I struggled to get long term games going with FM08 but with FM09 I could see myself playing another 50 season game if I had the time.

I've never gone back to a previous version once a new game has released, it just doesn't feel right, even if I thought the previous version was better.

FM09 has gripped me far more than FM08 ever did anyway, I struggled to get long term games going with FM08 but with FM09 I could see myself playing another 50 season game if I had the time.

Going on what you said about FM09 'gripping' you, if im honest I have a longer save game on 09 then 08 but it felt good to go back for a bit.

My 09 game is in 2020, wheres my previous 08 game (before I started this new one) was in 2016.

Furthest I ever got on FM08 was 2013.

Am in 2038 on '09 and going strong. :D

I hope I get that far because its already interesting with 90% of the players now being regens and ive got some class regens too lol

Archived