AI Experiment - A Question to all.....

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I have been on these forums and I would just like to ask a quick question to those of you interested in AI experiments.

I would very much like to run an experiment of my own, inspired by kipfizh's Bandits experiment. I would like to gather opinion on whether or not people would be interested in this idea:

The idea would be: Instead of creating an all powerful team (ie a 'Bandits') to instead create 3 teams, and see which is the more powerful factor for success: Players, money or infrastructure?

The 3 teams would all start in The Conference

Team 1: Excellent players, but no money or infrastructure.

Team 2: Cash rich, but with no players or infrastructure.

Team 3: World Class Board, Staff, Stadium and support, Training and Youth facilities, but no money, and a poor, small squad.

Secondly, I am not a fan of FM09, and would like to create this experiment using FM08. So I'd just like to know if anyone would be interested in following the experiment, and whether or not using FM08 is a problem?

Thanks!

Daemon

It all depends on how good your updates are ;) ...

The basic premise of the idea sounds pretty good, and if you can get your updates anywhere near as good as Kip's, then this will attract a lot of people.

I would probably agree with that. You would think all those resources would bring long term success, but they may struggle in the short term, I expect them to be fighting relegation....

Well...this isn't going to be the thread for the experiment so I will stop with predictions; here I'm just looking to get feedback as to whether people would enjoy it :)

Echoing what Blanco said, if your reports are regularly updated and worth reading, then yes I'll read and comment.

But I do feel the result is predictable.

Club 1 will make progress until the players are sold, the money earnt being insufficient to build a big club.

Club 2 will make slow & steady constant progress, provided the funds are near infinite with a sugar daddy as well.

Club 3 will eventually have the finances to match Club 2, and will eventual surpass them with better facilities.

These are fair points Jody Flint. It may well be that it could be a battle between 2 and 3, with 1 being left behind. However, as part of my setting up, I plan on having a whole range of players, so when I say club 1's advantage is players, I mean it.....

12 World Class players age 27

12 World Class youngsters age 21

18 Potentially World Class Youth players age 15

The idea here is that Club 1 have a constant steady source of World Class players, that can provide short term success and funds. Here lies their advantage over Clubs 2 and 3, as they can (theoretically) gain a higher reputation faster than Clubs 2 and 3.

Each factor (Money, Players, Infrastructure), should theoretically feed into eachother for each club. i.e. Club 1 have players, but this provides money and lastly infrastructure. Club 2 have money, this provides players and infrastructure. Club 3 have infrastructure, this provides money then lastly players.

That is kind of a long winded way of explaining that I hope this experiment to be fairer than first assumptions, but saying that, I would still tend to agree with you that Club 3 has the best long term chances. I am still interested to see how far all 3 can go though :)

If you provide regular, detailed and well-written updates, you'll definitely have a good following.

Anyway, just my opinions:

Team 1 will sell their players rather quickly to raise cash. Then fade into obscurity.

Team 2 will buy players to improve themselves, but their rise will be slow. Also depends on how long their cash flow will last.

Team 3 as mentioned will have the best chance of long term success.

I'd be interested in reading it.

I assume you will be making every other aspect identical at the start? ie. Chairman stats, club reputation, etc.

Also, what level do you intend to start them at? Because I think if you start them all at a low league then obviously Players Team will sell everybody quickly, whereas at a top level the Money Team might not buy many players if their chairman isn't ambitious enough to make alot of transfer funds available.

I plan on making reputation and chairman statistics even, yes, but obviously the factors I am experimenting with will not be even, i.e. Stadium size will be the same for 2 clubs, but not Club 3.

I plan on starting them all at Conference National level, as I am interested to see whether any of them can get promoted, or even make it big in the Premier League.

I'm open to any suggestions and ideas from anyone. After all, this is for everyone's entertainment :)

If you fancy being a youth player or a staff member then put your names down... I'm using real player names for this one :)

I'd like to be a young wonder striker please Jody Flint. I'd like to be Swedish please if possible (no real reason).

Starting in the Conference National is a good idea, but have South/North available in case Team's 2 & 3 struggle in the beginning.

All 27 year olds are English, no space there I'm afraid, and I've also created all the 21 year olds.

Spaces available are:

Eighteen 15 year old wonderkids.

Staff Members for Club 3

Basic Starting players for Clubs 1 and 2.

So you could be 30 and trinidadian for Club 1 or 2, but you wouldnt have anything exciting by way of CA or PA!

Liam Ferguson 15yr old wonderkid. Striker, English Club 2 :D

The 15 year old wonderkids are at Club 1.

Club 2 and 3 will start with 8 very basic players each.

I know I havn't been too clear on this.

I will put you down in club 1 for now, I assume you'd still like to be a wonderkid than a crappy base player for Club 2

Thanks for all your responses so far. I'm now in the fairly labourious process of creating player after player to fit into various teams. It's quite tedious but it'll be worth it in the end.

Most spaces for good players have now been taken, but a few are still left if you want to be a wonderkid...

Otherwise I'll soon be moving onto the 8 base players each for Clubs 2 and 3.

Hmmmmmmm

Quite frankly I am struggling a little bit with creating the database.

I am having trouble making one of the teams rich. No matter what I put as their finances in the editor, it doesn't translate to the right amount of funds when I load up the game.

I have tried to give one of the teams a balance of £1billion, but it turns into £25million.

Could anybody be so kind as to help me out on this one? Or does anyone know a secret formula for upping a teams finances?

Thanks, Daemon :)

I see, I have just read up on this problem.

Does anybody know if the game retains a memory of how much money the club should have?

For example, if the club has 1billion in the database, but the game only allows it to have 25million, will the funds flood in once the reputation changes?

Archived