Does the WHU academy ever produce any stars in your games?

In perhaps 25 seasons spread over various games I've yet to see West Ham produce a world class player, and thinking of it it's a real rarity for them to provide any kind of top flight talent whatsoever. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? I'm having more luck poaching kids from Bohemians at the moment.

Probably not important to most of you but it does irk me, being a hammer and all.

Edit: When I say world class, I mean the game equivelant. Just want to clarify that before this thread turns into a debate on the meaning of phrase.

In perhaps 25 seasons spread over various games I've yet to see West Ham produce a world class player, and thinking of it it's a real rarity for them to provide any kind of top flight talent whatsoever. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? I'm having more luck poaching kids from Bohemians at the moment.

Probably not important to most of you but it does irk me, being a hammer and all.

Edit: When I say world class, I mean the game equivelant. Just want to clarify that before this thread turns into a debate on the meaning of phrase.

I'm only just into my 4th season with West Ham and haven't really noticed any gems come through as of yet. I'm hoping there are in the future because West Ham have a good history of producing some very, very good players that have gone on to play at international level.

My advice is just be patient. :thup:

Seems to be a "thing" on FM09, where sadly not a single player which comes through the youth intake at the club you manage is good.

Eg, the club you manage (even if it's Sao Paulo) will never produce world-class players... Though if you start a new game managing a different club, there might come a start through at the club when it's AI-controlled...

I've had 2 world class players come through in about 10 years of top youth facilities with Cambridge in the Prem. Seems about right to me, apart from a few clubs like Man City who seem to produce 1 a year on this game, the game is producing the right amount of world class regens, you just have to find them.

got one in mine, came through the academy 2 seasons back and this season i am looking to give him a full time spot in the first team. He is a ML with very good stats and excellent coach reports, must have good potential as have received alot of bids for him with the highest being 10,25m from Chelsea.

Of course I have seen other teams produce alot more. Nicked a DC from Newcastle and he is now in my first team and just paid a whopping 70m for a 19 year old German Striker. Was fighting it out with RM, AC Milan, Liverpool, Juve and a host of others for him.

im on my second season since takin over west ham (4 seasons into game). ive got a 16 yr old left back who has the ability to be better than joe mattock who is my current left back and england international- and be a leading premier league star. ive got a right back who has the potential to be 'better than my current right back' ponzio who is decent and juve keep bidding on him. so far im impressed as usually i get nuthin thru youth teams

West Ham started to produce some good players early in my save, 2012 onwards, produced Englands first choice centre back partnership but I stole them at around 20/21 years old for my top 4 Blackburn side. Two regens called Nathan Butler and Russell Webber. West Ham then went down about 2020 and have been a yo-yo club for 20 years on my save, haven't produced many good players since then actually.

I'm finding the best regens are coming from Portugal and Mexico, stolen about 10 great youngsters from them over the last 4 years, 2 are now in my regular rotation, 2 I sold for massive profits to Malaga, and the others are all out on loan at various clubs.

I seem to producing decent regens now, 2 guys (Tony Oakes DC/DM and Ryan Webber DL) are wonderkids and are already playing in the cups at only 17.

I'm yet to see West Ham do anything, they 1 OK kid who went to Chelsea for a fair bit last season but that's about it (to memory Chelsea have him up for sale again already)

Oh, I'm Liverpool by the way.

Archived