Unrealistic spending power

I'm in my fourth season with arsenal and I have a budget of £150million+. I have had a £100million+ budget for the past few seasons. Granted I have been very successful and won everything at least once, and I handle finances/transfers etc. very well, but I still can't help but feel that its very easy to generate income and accumulate a very large transfer budget.

What you guys think?

If you've been successful then your board are going to reward you with bigger transfer and wage budgets - fact! You're a big club and success is going to be alot easier with a team like Arsenal. If you don't want to be rewarded sooo easily then try managing a lower league club - you'll find it a bigger challenge to be successful and generate a bigger bank balance.

yes but ive spent the likes of £100 million on messi, £50 million on kaka... i have sold well and kept a neat squad without any rif-raff, but still it seems I can spend big and still have more big bucks to spend. I didnt spend any in the past summer as I got mikel on a free and didnt need anyone else but I have £150million to spend and i dont know what to spend it on... its burning a hole!!! lol. Might sign ramos at the end of the season, he'll cost me around £100million, but id hav 2 get rid of club favourite sagna

what do u mean move it to finances??

my board just said they will never expand the stadium due to lack of space:(

Your unlikely to get an upgrade or a new stadium with Arsenal anyways due to them just moving into the Emirates. All I can say is keep your money for when you need it most. It's not going to hurt to keep it in your bank balance and keep the club finances healthy.

Your unlikely to get an upgrade or a new stadium with Arsenal anyways due to them just moving into the Emirates. All I can say is keep your money for when you need it most. It's not going to hurt to keep it in your bank balance and keep the club finances healthy.

aye i know this. my point was just toward the fact that it feels very easy to accumulate mass transfer budgets in the game. however i have only ever managed one team and i have had great success so i can't be sure if its like this in general in the game

aye i know this. my point was just toward the fact that it feels very easy to accumulate mass transfer budgets in the game. however i have only ever managed one team and i have had great success so i can't be sure if its like this in general in the game

Like I said try managing a team with a lower reputation in the lower leagues - you will find that it isn't as easy as it is with Arsenal.

Not sure if this is the norm, but in ym game Arsenal havent lost a game in over 45 league games. They won the league remaining unbeaten and are now on their way into the 2nd season.

Nothing to do with this just thought i'd say.

Not sure if this is the norm, but in ym game Arsenal havent lost a game in over 45 league games. They won the league remaining unbeaten and are now on their way into the 2nd season.

i stayed unbeaten with arsenal in my first 2 seasons:p

How does this have anything to do with the OP? :confused:

What I like to do if I feel I have too much money, is to buy a player from a lower league for a stupid amount of money, kind of putting money back into the lower leagues. I once bought a regen from Exeter City for £85m, that money enabled them to gain promotion from League 2, through to the championship.

I think it is realistic, I believe at times Arsene Wenger has had more to spend but his arrogance has stopped him from splashing out.

i dont agree. although it is widely believed that arsenal have plenty of transfer funds, i heard on sky sports news that arsene actually doesnt have much to spend at all. i think maybe the arsenal board are tight-arses, not arsene

What I like to do if I feel I have too much money, is to buy a player from a lower league for a stupid amount of money, kind of putting money back into the lower leagues. I once bought a regen from Exeter City for £85m, that money enabled them to gain promotion from League 2, through to the championship.

I sometimes do this also, kind of makes me feel better about being so rich and successful.

Blimey, do you want to buy one of my Gateshead players? I have a measly £38,000 to try and survive my first season in the championship :(. The perils of lower league management.

If you think that's unrealistic, wait till you reach 2017 and Barcelona and Real Madrid have balances of £680million each.

In the long-term it's very very easy with a big team like these 2 to dominate every competition you enter.

Archived