Who are you managing? A top side that's playing in Europe and is expected to reach the late stage of all the competitions, or a bottom side that's just fighting against relegation? The number of games played could differ by 70% - 80% (rough guesstimate) and so required a lot less / more players to maintain a particular standard.

Wish I could get my squad down to a lower number, I'm currently playing as Arsenal and I start pretty much every season with a squad of 30+, i'm just not ruthless enough to get rid of players who I consider to be decent enough, but not actually good enough to play regularly. That said, only 2/3 of them are actually unhappy at playing a lack of games, so it's not too bad at the moment.

25 is the perfect number of course depending on expectations/economics etc.

As a top team, expected to challenge in Europe and in the League you'll want to be able to rotatate in "easier" games.

Ideally at least 5 of those backup players should be young, but already good players you can help develop through 1st team games. Have at least 3 players for each wing, I also generally have 5 attackers for 2 spots, preferably different type of attackers for different situations, IE boxplayer/playing attacker/fast attacker etc.

I have it down to the bottom of the page usually, i hate having to scroll for players

Ha ha like this :thup: i have got a few youngsters on my books who could do with a little first team action so i might include them and also set them available for loan so they get football either way

Archived