getting a team promoted to blue square north

i have just started a new game up and loaded all english league and holidayed in the hope that FC united would get promoted

its now 2 seasons holidayed and they still arent up. does anyone know anyway to speed this up without using the editor

or does anybody know the date the new seasons blue square season fixture list is announced

i assume it is completely random who comes up to the blue square as no lower leagues can be loaded

if anyone has done a similar thing any feedback would be apreciated

I think promotion to the BSN/S is based around club reputation, with a slight random element.

This means that reloading from June 24th will give you lots of chances to see which teams come up, but the smallest clubs don't ever seem to appear.

I've been waiting for my local team, Long Eaton to come up to the BSN. It's now 2024 in my save and they still aren't up. I'm not sure about their reputation but hope that if there is a slight random element involved then they will be up soon. I've tried reloading on June 24th but they still never come up. Is there any other way around this without reloading because that obviously doesn't work for me. Or is it a case that they're reputation is just too small?

The "random factor" isn't that much of a factor. You will still get the same teams over and over again. The randomness comes with a handful of the mid-rep teams getting a place every few reloads.

Use the editor to put their reputation up to around 1000.

Realistically, only the teams with the top 6 or 7 reputations in the 3 divisions that teams get promoted from will regularly make the promotion leap.

Anything under 500 I don't think ever gets promoted.

FC United got promoted in the first season in my save.

What you can do is use FMRTE to increase their reputation so they get promoted, then use it to restore their reputation to the original number so you haven't altered anything other than getting them promoted.

If you don't want to use an editor you'll just have to be patient. I think they'll come up eventually since their rep must be okay to get promoted so quickly in my game.

A quick check shows me that in their second season in BSN their reputation is a couple of hundred higher than Redditch in the same league.

I've been waiting for my local team, Long Eaton to come up to the BSN.

They won't. The only teams who can get promoted to the Conference North/South are those who played in the Northern, Southern & Isthmian Premier Leagues in the 2008/9 season.

I've said it before on this forum, I'll say it again. The system for promotion to playable leagues in all countries needs changing, as for a long time it has only ever been teams from the leagues that immediately feed into the lowest playable division.

They won't. The only teams who can get promoted to the Conference North/South are those who played in the Northern, Southern & Isthmian Premier Leagues in the 2008/9 season.

I've said it before on this forum, I'll say it again. The system for promotion to playable leagues in all countries needs changing, as for a long time it has only ever been teams from the leagues that immediately feed into the lowest playable division.

Isn't that because the current research only goes down to that level?

Quite possibly as a whole yes... but what's to stop those clubs below that level who are fully researched being added to the pool of teams who can be promoted?

And besides... six, ten, twenty years down the line, how many of the original (playing) staff will still be at the club? Makes the initial research redundant.

Archived