Manager age limit

always wondered if there is a Age limit? I mean say went added a manager and made him 70 years old and played 30 season he would be 100! any one know whats the oldest you can be or is there no age limit? also what is the oldest you have ever seen anyone in your game?

I know i wouldn't like having my manager pass away. Think you have thought really hard to get a obscure team into the top league, just before you are going to win it for the first time, the game tells you, you have retired. That was what happened in a very early installment of the game & people weren't to pleased over it.

Plus we as managers have the option to retire ourselves.

I know i wouldn't like having my manager pass away. Think you have thought really hard to get a obscure team into the top league, just before you are going to win it for the first time, the game tells you, you have retired. That was what happened in a very early installment of the game & people weren't to pleased over it.

Plus we as managers have the option to retire ourselves.

I was devestated when I got Forest into the Prem a couple years back on CM and was about to start my 1st Champions League campaign when they tell me im finished :(

There is a different between being a realistic manager sim and being over the top.

Surely If we are "talking about the most realist football management sim " then we as just normal people with no mangerial experience how do we get to become the manager of England or Barcelona.

There is a point where we have to keep reality out of the game just abit.

Same with Transfers, do you think real managers like Steve Bruce get to choose the length pay and clauses of a players contract?

To keep realism i usually get to about 80 then retire then create a new manager who i make my original guy's son;)

Also, do you think Ferguson will get a pop-up telling him to retire next season? Realism can go both ways

very true but surely there has to be a limit somewhere, we are talking about the most realist football management sim

The aim of the game is not necessarily to be 'realist', but to be absorbing? It's not 'realist' really that it takes less than 105 minutes to play a match, or that you can use a 'player search' tool to find players who fit your requirements, or that player's skills are represented by attributes out of 20, but without these the game would be lesser imo.

Since I only get through about a season every 3/4 weeks, I've never had this problem, since I'll start at age 36 (real age 26 but I don't think that's realistic!) If I did ever reach "retirement age" though I think I'd just retire my manager and create a new one starting from the bottom, since it'd probably be time for a fresh challenge by then anyway :)

The aim of the game is not necessarily to be 'realist', but to be absorbing? It's not 'realist' really that it takes less than 105 minutes to play a match, or that you can use a 'player search' tool to find players who fit your requirements, or that player's skills are represented by attributes out of 20, but without these the game would be lesser imo.

Actually I remember hearing somewhere that clubs like Real Madrid had begun to use an edited database of a management game to check out the abilities of players they were going to buy. I can't remember which game it was but it might have been FM

Actually I remember hearing somewhere that clubs like Real Madrid had begun to use an edited database of a management game to check out the abilities of players they were going to buy. I can't remember which game it was but it might have been FM

Moyes and Everton have bought FM's database!

would be a bit unfair, though if you had just got bognor regis into there 1st cl final and because your too old you cant play it and have to retire :p

im managing them now!!!!!!!!!!!if you get them into a cl final then you are a god cos they are so crap

i read that aswel, seems abit stupid when they could just buy the game and download the genie scout lol

Yeah, it's not like now that they work with SI they can get access to that data months before anyone else, is it?

Archived