feeder clubs and scouting

Two questions

Im having a hell of a time successfully chosing a feeder club. I play in hte Ukrainian Premier League and am a consistent Title challenger. I want to get a first league team or a weak premiere league team however so far I have had a hell of a time with it. Tried myabe 5 different ones with no success. Im sure my club has enough prestiege as I am around Shakhtar and Dynamo. Any ideas?

My club won't let me scout South America. I have 11 scouts all over Europe however I cant go to south america.

Are both issues connected to club stature?

Thanks

Took me a lot of attempts to get a lower league club.

I'm in serie B in Italy and wanted a serie C1 or C2 club but I kept getting offered amateur clubs from Italy/France/Holland/Belgium etc

I just kept rejecting the offers and asking again a month later and I eventually got one after around 7/8 attempts.

I htink you can have a feeder club in the same league. Shakhtar and Dynamo does.

No you cant. I have had parent clubs before and as soon as I have been promoted to the same league as them I have lost them as a parent club.

As for your scouting thing I think its linked to repuation and "maybe" european competions. Are you playing in Europe?

No you cant. I have had parent clubs before and as soon as I have been promoted to the same league as them I have lost them as a parent club.

As for your scouting thing I think its linked to repuation and "maybe" european competions. Are you playing in Europe?

Yes you can.

When I was in serie C I had Cesena & Triestina as parent clubs (both Serie B).

When promoted to B Triestina cancelled the link but Cesena kept it and I've played two seasons in B with Cesena as a parent club in the same league and they send me players still.

I suspect its linked to club rep as well as league.

Yes you can.

When I was in serie C I had Cesena & Triestina as parent clubs (both Serie B).

When promoted to B Triestina cancelled the link but Cesena kept it and I've played two seasons in B with Cesena as a parent club in the same league and they send me players still.

I suspect its linked to club rep as well as league.

Hmmm...

Maybe its different rules for different leagues then. Only really play in england and the links always get cancelled for me.

It being linked to rep could make sense I suppose.

It seems this isnt a simple yes or no question:confused:

Creating successful feeder club affiliations is based on a number of factors which have been proven:

1. Your own club reputation.

2. Your feeder club's reputation.

3. The difference in number between 1 and 2.

4. The feeder clubs youth facilities and academy.

5. The feeder clubs current league.

I haven't tried lower league football, so i can only speak for bigger teams and feeder clubs.

If your club has a reputation of 9000 (world class) then you should be looking at feeder club affiliates with a reputation of 4000-5000. But this alone won't guarentee a successful partnership. The deal will be 'detrimental' to your club unless your feeder club also has a Youth Academy and good-excellent Youth Facilities. Logically, this makes sense since partnering yourself with a club who can't develop youngsters isn't worthwhile in the eyes of the game programming.

If feeder clubs are promoted to your current league, it won't necessarily be cancelled if the feeder club's rep is still low enough to be acceptable. It's very unlikely the board will keep the deal in place if the feeder club's rep rises to equal your own clubs rep.

Juventus and Siena are in the same league.

While that's true, it's a special feeder club affiliation where only players are loaned and nothing else, so it's unlikely to be cancelled.

I also remember either Roma and Milan, or Juve and Milan being linked in FM09 or FM08?

Open up the editor and you'll see something along the lines of 'Friendly Affiliation' meaning the 2 clubs co-operate with loans etc.

Obviously 1 has to be Parent and the other Feeder because of the game programming, but the relationship type means it won't be cancelled if 2 clubs occupy the same league.

Archived